Every week my order gets delayed.

WhiskyMac

Bronze Level Poster
I ordered June 1 and my build is July 3. But I have read other orders from June 1 who have a build date two days before and some two days after.

I ordered at the worst time possible I think haha. But hey amazing help from the forum with my build, my PC knowledge is 6000% better and all being well I'll have a great machine in 7-10 days.

I've also changed my build a few times which has both made it better and saved me money.... I wouldn't have been able to do that if it was built and shipped in a week.

Thanks - I've still had no update but ordered June 4 - so extrapolating from you hopefully be around a fortnight.

simgeniej

I’m on WD 19 and haven’t received any emails regarding a estimated build date yet. I ordered on 29th May and have been told early next week but no specific date

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I'm impressed with the positive attitude shown by the recent posters. Thanks for that.

As a general question, would you say that the manual emails and more realistic estimates has made your wait more manageable than it was with the failing automated estimating thingy? Did PCS do the right thing given the circumstances? (OK, two general questions then! [emoji846])

Via Tapatalk

keithbeaks

Enthusiast
I'm impressed with the positive attitude shown by the recent posters. Thanks for that.

As a general question, would you say that the manual emails and more realistic estimates has made your wait more manageable than it was with the failing automated estimating thingy? Did PCS do the right thing given the circumstances? (OK, two general questions then! [emoji846])

Via Tapatalk

The update was too slow on the configurator, but rightly or naively, I put that down to multiple factors. (It doesn't excuse it but some firms are still quoting 4-5 days allowing for covid19, yet phone up and they tell you to ignore that)

The new update emails are much better yes. I'm actually not the sort of person to check every day to see if I've changed from pre-production to build, but for this I was as it was the fastest way to get updated. Now I have an estimated build date I don't bother with that. And that must help people I'm sure.

WhiskyMac

Bronze Level Poster
If I had an estimated date it would make it more bearable in my mind.

Knowing a lot of people have an estimated date and not getting anything but a generic ‘don’t know right now‘ from any attempt to contact PCS is making it more unbearable.

Did they do right thing in trying to provide manual updates - yes. Better information is always more useful. It’s not a case of no news is good news, transparency will always trump bad news In long run.

KevSam

Via Tapatalk
The only gripe I could have is that you’re kind of left in the dark as to how far back in the line you are. I must admit I had no idea the amount of orders PCS have to deal with so being told your place in said queue gives you a bit of perspective and possibly would allow people to accept the fact they just have to wait their turn!

I work in aerospace manufacturing so we have been hit by suppliers for PCB’s etc due to covid-19 so they have my sympathy. All my operators have to adhere to 2m distancing, wearing appropriate PPE with reduced working patterns and staggered stop/start times. the only thing I’d like to add to some of those who have complained from the comfort of their own homes is that - certainly in my manufacturing/assembly team- morale is down, motivation is down but demands are up! It’s difficult to deal with so try and apply some perspective before you get too agitated!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The only gripe I could have is that you’re kind of left in the dark as to how far back in the line you are. I must admit I had no idea the amount of orders PCS have to deal with so being told your place in said queue gives you a bit of perspective and possibly would allow people to accept the fact they just have to wait their turn!

I work in aerospace manufacturing so we have been hit by suppliers for PCB’s etc due to covid-19 so they have my sympathy. All my operators have to adhere to 2m distancing, wearing appropriate PPE with reduced working patterns and staggered stop/start times. the only thing I’d like to add to some of those who have complained from the comfort of their own homes is that - certainly in my manufacturing/assembly team- morale is down, motivation is down but demands are up! It’s difficult to deal with so try and apply some perspective before you get too agitated!
Very well said! Absolutely spot on.

keithbeaks

Enthusiast

I really value and appreciate being able to stay at home every day, not worry about anything or anyone and now be able to work fully from home.

Thanks for your insight into manufacturing and the risks and stress involved.

MichaelSmith457

Bronze Level Poster
Now here is something that is wrong, I have an order in place, I have received an email as previously stated on here stating estimated build 22nd July which will put me at approximately 34 working days, allowing for testing etc etc.
Now that said I have that knowledge because I have placed an order and I am a member of this forum and I have received emails so I am in the loop so to speak.
Now this morning I put myself back in the position I was when I first placed my order.
I went onto pcs site configured an exactly identical rig, pressed proceed and guess what 18-20 days was the time quoted WOW I could have my pc in 3 to 4 weeks, so as a first time buyer with that information I would press buy. that morally is mis-leading and is where pcs is letting itself down. Either they should stop using their automated estimated time or should be putting a Covid disclaimer stating that this time could possibly double.
What say you !

Tony1044

Prolific Poster

Well said. In one of my earlier replies, I noted that there are genuinely global shortages going on in the whole IT supply chain and of course, you're absolutely correct to point out it's not just in IT. Anyone who is forced to work in these extreme circumstances have my respect and sympathy. I've worked in some fairly awful environments over the years (including in a lorry container in a desert!) but nothing compares to this.

WhiskyMac

Bronze Level Poster
Yeh i noted that the 1000W RMx PSU i ordered has gone out of stock and wont be back in till the 11th July according to the configurator. But the 850w is now in stock. The only reason i went with the 1000W was it was in stock whilst the other RMxs weren't.

Given i have no clue on my estimated date i'm now left in a quandary as to whether i should change the PSU. Has my PSU already been 'reserved' in their stock in which case i don't want to put another change through, but if my order will just be delayed because the stock only comes in on the 11th July i'd rather just change the order etc. So looks like ill have to sit on hold again just to be told they cant estimate by build date... *sigh*

MichaelSmith457

Bronze Level Poster
Yeh i noted that the 1000W RMx PSU i ordered has gone out of stock and wont be back in till the 11th July according to the configurator. But the 850w is now in stock. The only reason i went with the 1000W was it was in stock whilst the other RMxs weren't.

Given i have no clue on my estimated date i'm now left in a quandary as to whether i should change the PSU. Has my PSU already been 'reserved' in their stock in which case i don't want to put another change through, but if my order will just be delayed because the stock only comes in on the 11th July i'd rather just change the order etc. So looks like ill have to sit on hold again just to be told they cant estimate by build date... *sigh*

I was in exactly the same position so I dropped to the 850 and the money I saved bought some upgraded cooling fans. I have been led to believe that this will not impact on my order,

RJB

I agree with most of the sentiments here of both the mods and the frustrated customers.
This is my 1st time ordering from PCS and unfortunately it has not been an entirely pleasurable experience. The lead-up to the purchase was great - the forum was most helpful in getting a good spec that should work well. The mods and others on the forum were amazing at providing advice and guidance.
However post-order has been a disappointment.
Details:
I ordered on 28 May. As many have mentioned, I was also given the 12-14 days lead time.
On 6 June I received an email stating that "On average, we are currently dispatching PC orders in 15 to 18 working days".
I called PCS on 19 June to request the status of the order as I hadn't seen any updates through my account. I was told that it would be "in build this week and I could receive it at the end of the week, or early the following week".
After reading the entirety of this forum and seeing the comments herein I used the PCS chat service today. I wanted to know why I had not received an update email like a lot of other posters here have. They told me it seems some people weren't getting them (unknown reason). I hadn't so the lady I chatted with kindly sent me an email which states in part: "The current estimated build date for your order is: Tuesday 30 June 2020"

Now, I have absolutely no problem with the order taking a long time to fulfil. I also don't have a problem with it being delayed mid order.
However, what I do have a problem with is no information, or incorrect information. The above is 4 different PCS interactions, and each gives me a different fulfilment date. Plus I had to contact then directly to get the information.
I communicated this to the chat operative and she apologised with "We are very sorry about the delay, we are doing everything we can to get on top of this".

I was not upset with her as she is doing the job she is told to do (and I don't envy her being in the firing line of frustrated customers).
I am upset with the general customer handling by "PCS Customer Services" (their policies and operating procedures).
If they were to update their policy to be more transparent, open and forthcoming with their paying customers, then I think a lot of the current backlash would be mitigated.
Heck! Just tell me straight up that it is going to take X number of days to deliver my order (no matter the how long X is). And then keep to that schedule. Don't change it every time I contact you.

PS: I thought I'd express my mind here rather than add to their growing list of bad reviews on TrustPilot.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I agree with most of the sentiments here of both the mods and the frustrated customers.
This is my 1st time ordering from PCS and unfortunately it has not been an entirely pleasurable experience. The lead-up to the purchase was great - the forum was most helpful in getting a good spec that should work well. The mods and others on the forum were amazing at providing advice and guidance.
However post-order has been a disappointment.
Details:
I ordered on 28 May. As many have mentioned, I was also given the 12-14 days lead time.
On 6 June I received an email stating that "On average, we are currently dispatching PC orders in 15 to 18 working days".
I called PCS on 19 June to request the status of the order as I hadn't seen any updates through my account. I was told that it would be "in build this week and I could receive it at the end of the week, or early the following week".
After reading the entirety of this forum and seeing the comments herein I used the PCS chat service today. I wanted to know why I had not received an update email like a lot of other posters here have. They told me it seems some people weren't getting them (unknown reason). I hadn't so the lady I chatted with kindly sent me an email which states in part: "The current estimated build date for your order is: Tuesday 30 June 2020"

Now, I have absolutely no problem with the order taking a long time to fulfil. I also don't have a problem with it being delayed mid order.
However, what I do have a problem with is no information, or incorrect information. The above is 4 different PCS interactions, and each gives me a different fulfilment date. Plus I had to contact then directly to get the information.
I communicated this to the chat operative and she apologised with "We are very sorry about the delay, we are doing everything we can to get on top of this".

I was not upset with her as she is doing the job she is told to do (and I don't envy her being in the firing line of frustrated customers).
I am upset with the general customer handling by "PCS Customer Services" (their policies and operating procedures).
If they were to update their policy to be more transparent, open and forthcoming with their paying customers, then I think a lot of the current backlash would be mitigated.
Heck! Just tell me straight up that it is going to take X number of days to deliver my order (no matter the how long X is). And then keep to that schedule. Don't change it every time I contact you.

PS: I thought I'd express my mind here rather than add to their growing list of bad reviews on TrustPilot.

I would genuinely feel exactly the same way in your situation.

I work for an aero engineering firm, I'm now in a sort of logistics/procurement position where I am continually relying on information from external vendors. We use this information to plan the building of our engines. If this information is inaccurate or not forthcoming then we can't plan. I get continued pressure from those above me to provide information on the parts to facilitate the rest of the planning, that pressure then gets forwarded on from me to the vendor supply.

It's exactly the same frustrations as are felt by the customers on here and it's pretty much the same reasoning. I can work with and plan using a date that is less than ideal. I cannot do anything with no date or a pie in the sky date that changes every time it approaches. Time and again I voice this to the people giving the dates and I get more frustrated as the same old pattern follows.

To that end, believe me..... I completely understand the frustrations and how much easier it is to deal with a known date. Even if that date changes due to certain circumstances it's fine, to push out every week is really annoying and to get different dates from different people is equally as frustrating.

PCS will be taking a publicity hit here. It could have been avoided with better forward planning and even by looking at the system in general as it has historically not felt that accurate. There has been a reaction to this situation though and they are changing their ways to suit. unfortunately only the bad press is likely to be publicised rather than the positive efforts they have taken to try and remedy the situation.

KevSam

I was on working day 15 today and I have something I have to admit... I cancelled my order and purchased one of the pre-built PCS have ready to be delivered tomorrow 😂

my point being - if you’re not happy or impatient (like me) you have other options.

note: I currently don’t have a PC at the moment hence the need/want for one ASAP. If I was waiting for a replacement to my existing set up I’d just wait it out!

RJB

PCS will be taking a publicity hit here. It could have been avoided with better forward planning and even by looking at the system in general as it has historically not felt that accurate. There has been a reaction to this situation though and they are changing their ways to suit. unfortunately only the bad press is likely to be publicised rather than the positive efforts they have taken to try and remedy the situation.
Indeed. Unfortunately it seems to be a problem with the company ethos in itself, rather than the individuals within. Hopefully PCS as a company uses this as an impetus for further improvements to their customer service policies.

Having said all that: I'm still really looking forward to getting my new pc ;)

nick_123

Silver Level Poster
A slight aside but i've just had a look at their trust pilot page. Seems that (a) people are leaving reviews about products years old and; (b) reviewing before they've even received their pc/laptop. It really blows my mind. Talk about kicking somebody when they're metaphorically down.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Indeed. Unfortunately it seems to be a problem with the company ethos in itself, rather than the individuals within. Hopefully PCS as a company uses this as an impetus for further improvements to their customer service policies.

Having said all that: I'm still really looking forward to getting my new pc ;)
I would be staggered if PCS did not hold a series of post mortems, once the current emergency is over, to identify where they fell down, why they fell down, and what changes are needed.

At the moment I think all would agree that the main focus has to be on maximising the build throughput and providing the most reliable communication they are able. The soul searching can come later.

Via Tapatalk