Every week my order gets delayed.

KevSam

I was on working day 15 today and I have something I have to admit... I cancelled my order and purchased one of the pre-built PCS have ready to be delivered tomorrow 😂

my point being - if you’re not happy or impatient (like me) you have other options.

note: I currently don’t have a PC at the moment hence the need/want for one ASAP. If I was waiting for a replacement to my existing set up I’d just wait it out!
Order dispatched. To be delivered tomorrow 😬

RJB

A slight aside but i've just had a look at their trust pilot page. Seems that (a) people are leaving reviews about products years old and; (b) reviewing before they've even received their pc/laptop. It really blows my mind. Talk about kicking somebody when they're metaphorically down.
Yeah - hence my decision to vent here rather than there.

WhiskyMac

Bronze Level Poster
I was on working day 15 today and I have something I have to admit... I cancelled my order and purchased one of the pre-built PCS have ready to be delivered tomorrow 😂

my point being - if you’re not happy or impatient (like me) you have other options.

note: I currently don’t have a PC at the moment hence the need/want for one ASAP. If I was waiting for a replacement to my existing set up I’d just wait it out!

I'd have done this if they had a decent high end spec desktop - unfortunately their highest spec one is an intel with too many compromises. My old PC is done - I've had to hook my screen up to an old macbook to connect into my work portal. Gaming isn't possible at all which is destroying me. If local repair shop opens up might pop past see if he can manage to get bandage up the old rig enough to eek out another month.

Just waited too long to pull trigger on new rig.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
As I see it, 150 replies are a BIG thing :)
I received that e-mail, i know for a fact the each week they will delay my order. I'm just thinking "this is a custom PC, 3000£, when i'll get it he's gonna tell me bedtime stories and fly around the room to make me happy"
As they are saying "Because of covid and stuff our staff is limited for safety reasons and it's gonna take longer for your order to be completed", then why they are accepting more and more orders? Where is the logic in that?
Oh wait, profit is profit, at the end of the day they are still a bussines.
All this "they are trying their best and bla bla" doesn't make any sense anymore.
Their best could be to give you a call when you make your order and tell you "your order could take 2 months, we have a shortage in staff due to covid and also we don't have all the parts available since we have problems with the supliers worldwide, do you agree with that? "
But no, our customers spent from 2 to 4 k £ on something so it's easier to delay them each week.
The 3k £ from my account dissapeared the next day, it took them 7 days to comfirm the payment, why?
I placed my order on 5th of june, they are saying my build date would be 13 july, saturday and sunday doesn't count as working days, but i'll be on 30 working days excluding sat and sun.
Overtime? Yes, that could help, but the cost for the company will be too much since they have to pay them 1 and a half time for each extra hour and double on sundays.
I also ordered a gaming chair, 300 £, was a pre-order, they didn't had any in stock, the estimated time was 3rd july, guess what, i'm gonna get it sooner.
Now everyone is gonna tell me "yeah, but that's a chair, not a PC, that doesn't count"
The company i got it from closed all the orders and estimated the next delivery date taking in consideration when they will have all parts ready for the next delivery.
But no, we will take you 3000 £ and delay you as much as we like just because we take more orders than we can handle.
Try and defend them as much as you like, as a 1st time customer for them i'm just telling myself "never again"
I just imagine i'll want to upgrade my PC at some point, another month of waiting to change a proc, ram or add some extra fans. No thank you.
Suggesting that PCS should stop taking more orders is about as selfish as it gets. What you're saying is that everyone else who is about to order from PCS should be prevented from doing so because you want your order built faster. Perhaps you should explain to all the people behind you why your order is more important than theirs?

PCS don't have a staff shortage, they are obeying the government guidelines on COVID that severely restrict the number of people they can have working and how close they can get to one another. PCS cares about the health of their staff even if you seem not to.

That's not to mention the huge increase in orders there has been since the UK went into lockdown and people realised they wanted/needed a new PC.

As far as the worldwide parts shortage is concerned, have you not read any earlier posts in this thread? The worldwide parts shortages are a fact and PCS are as exposed to that as every other company. That you appear not to believe it doesn't make it any less true.

I read on another thread today that said there were 5000 orders in the pipeline and they are building 'more than 100 per day'. Every one of those 5000 customers is having to wait, and wait a long time for the reasons stated above. They clearly realise that these are abnormal times and that they have two choices; wait or cancel. If you think that PCS are doing such a poor job then you should cancel and go somewhere else. Good luck with that by the way.

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
I just imagine i'll want to upgrade my PC at some point, another month of waiting to change a proc, ram or add some extra fans. No thank you.

Bit of a daft statement. What you're basically saying is that you expect the global IT supply chain to never recover (by the time you want to upgrade) so therefore won't trust PCS... but by that logic, the problems will remain elsewhere, or be even worse by then!

keithbeaks

Enthusiast
Bit of a daft statement. What you're basically saying is that you expect the global IT supply chain to never recover (by the time you want to upgrade) so therefore won't trust PCS... but by that logic, the problems will remain elsewhere, or be even worse by then!

From what I've read and other companies I've looked at they are getting worse. Even Amazon don't have certain PC parts or monitors for weeks.

nick_123

Silver Level Poster
As I see it, 150 replies are a BIG thing :)
I received that e-mail, i know for a fact the each week they will delay my order. I'm just thinking "this is a custom PC, 3000£, when i'll get it he's gonna tell me bedtime stories and fly around the room to make me happy"
As they are saying "Because of covid and stuff our staff is limited for safety reasons and it's gonna take longer for your order to be completed", then why they are accepting more and more orders? Where is the logic in that?
Oh wait, profit is profit, at the end of the day they are still a bussines.
All this "they are trying their best and bla bla" doesn't make any sense anymore.
Their best could be to give you a call when you make your order and tell you "your order could take 2 months, we have a shortage in staff due to covid and also we don't have all the parts available since we have problems with the supliers worldwide, do you agree with that? "
But no, our customers spent from 2 to 4 k £ on something so it's easier to delay them each week.
The 3k £ from my account dissapeared the next day, it took them 7 days to comfirm the payment, why?
I placed my order on 5th of june, they are saying my build date would be 13 july, saturday and sunday doesn't count as working days, but i'll be on 30 working days excluding sat and sun.
Overtime? Yes, that could help, but the cost for the company will be too much since they have to pay them 1 and a half time for each extra hour and double on sundays.
I also ordered a gaming chair, 300 £, was a pre-order, they didn't had any in stock, the estimated time was 3rd july, guess what, i'm gonna get it sooner.
Now everyone is gonna tell me "yeah, but that's a chair, not a PC, that doesn't count"
The company i got it from closed all the orders and estimated the next delivery date taking in consideration when they will have all parts ready for the next delivery.
But no, we will take you 3000 £ and delay you as much as we like just because we take more orders than we can handle.
Try and defend them as much as you like, as a 1st time customer for them i'm just telling myself "never again"

I’m fairly certain you’ve made these points elsewhere. I don’t think anybody is questioning your right to be frustrated but you’re wasting your own time writing these long posts, just to cover the same old ground. To put it in simple terms, you have two options in front of you:

1) cancel the order, get a refund
2) wait for your order to be built

if you are really genuinely unhappy with the service you’ve received, vote with you feet and choose option 1.

AshAJ

It is very frustrating, I ordered may 31st, was meant to be 12-14 working days but I’m now on working day 20 and it’s still in preproduction. I sent a message last week and got a reply saying it’s being built today, but got a email last Sunday saying it’s not being built til 3rd July, so I phoned up Tuesday and was told it would be built today and if it wasn’t then to ring back Monday, but then I received a email day after phone call saying it’s not getting built until July 3rd at the earliest... Really annoying how emails say one date but then staff tell you a different date.

Not looking good for getting my order next week as only 16% of desktop pc orders being dispatched within 28 working days?

Attachments

• D4393522-A7AC-4DF8-A692-AD3133940374.png
    D4393522-A7AC-4DF8-A692-AD3133940374.png
    119.9 KB · Views: 207

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It is very frustrating, I ordered may 31st, was meant to be 12-14 working days but I’m now on working day 20 and it’s still in preproduction. I sent a message last week and got a reply saying it’s being built today, but got a email last Sunday saying it’s not being built til 3rd July, so I phoned up Tuesday and was told it would be built today and if it wasn’t then to ring back Monday, but then I received a email day after phone call saying it’s not getting built until July 3rd at the earliest... Really annoying how emails say one date but then staff tell you a different date.

Not looking good for getting my order next week as only 16% of desktop pc orders being dispatched within 28 working days?
The automatic build estimate that you were originally given has unfortunately been shown to be wildly inacurate for several reasons and PCS have temporarily stopped using it.

Customer Service are manually emailing customers with updated dates and they're updating customers every 5 days.

However, there are a large number of people in the build queue and I would assume they're dealing preferentially with people near the head of the queue.

My guess is that if you're a long way down the queue it may take a while for them to get to you in the manual email sequence. I appreciate that this is frustrating and annoying but there is no magic wand I'm afraid.

AFAIK, and I have no inside information, you can probably expect a 30 working day wait.

AshAJ

The automatic build estimate that you were originally given has unfortunately been shown to be wildly inacurate for several reasons and PCS have temporarily stopped using it.

Customer Service are manually emailing customers with updated dates and they're updating customers every 5 days.

However, there are a large number of people in the build queue and I would assume they're dealing preferentially with people near the head of the queue.

My guess is that if you're a long way down the queue it may take a while for them to get to you in the manual email sequence. I appreciate that this is frustrating and annoying but there is no magic wand I'm afraid.

AFAIK, and I have no inside information, you can probably expect a 30 working day wait.

yeah I’ve had 2 of them manual emails, both saying July 3rd but in a message last week and over phone on this Tuesday customer service was saying being built today, so dunno how they’re coming up with 2 separate dates

CinnamonCakes

Silver Level Poster
I believe you can contact them today if you are looking to cancel. I think the office is still open on Saturdays.

There is no such thing as acceptable or unacceptable during unprecedented times. It's frustrating, of course it is, but we are where we are.

We use some HPC terms in my work (High performance culture). For the most it's buzz words etc, but one that always sticks with me is assume positive intent. Calmly consider the position of everyone surrounding your order. Assume positive intent, they are trying their best. There are people putting themselves in difficult, and potentially hazardous, situations in order to get peoples orders out for the good of the customer and the company. There is no malice, no intent and there is absolutely no good that would come from being deceitful or delaying your order.

I will contest that I wish the stance on manually intervening with the ETA came sooner, but where do you honestly think that would lie in the priority list of things that need done? The frustration has been mounting so there has had to be a change put forward to let people know what's going on as this has became a priority over working on the actual orders.

The world is a cauldron right now, be one of the people trying to cool it down rather than trying to stir it up. It doesn't help anyone, or your blood pressure :D
your calm attitude and advice is amazing. just want to appreciate your awesomeness!

CinnamonCakes

Silver Level Poster
We aren't customer service.

Does putting it on a line on its own help you any?

We also aren't here to argue with you. You're being completely ignorant and I feel deliberately obtuse (I genuinely hope for my sanity that it's deliberate at least). To that end I'm no longer going to even respond to anything you have to say. Arguing with someone who appears to be an idiot is just idiotic.

I'm away to have a word with myself.
savage but necessary, PCS found a gem to make a mod :D

RJB

I agree with most of the sentiments here of both the mods and the frustrated customers.
This is my 1st time ordering from PCS and unfortunately it has not been an entirely pleasurable experience. The lead-up to the purchase was great - the forum was most helpful in getting a good spec that should work well. The mods and others on the forum were amazing at providing advice and guidance.
However post-order has been a disappointment.
Details:
I ordered on 28 May. As many have mentioned, I was also given the 12-14 days lead time.
On 6 June I received an email stating that "On average, we are currently dispatching PC orders in 15 to 18 working days".
I called PCS on 19 June to request the status of the order as I hadn't seen any updates through my account. I was told that it would be "in build this week and I could receive it at the end of the week, or early the following week".
After reading the entirety of this forum and seeing the comments herein I used the PCS chat service today. I wanted to know why I had not received an update email like a lot of other posters here have. They told me it seems some people weren't getting them (unknown reason). I hadn't so the lady I chatted with kindly sent me an email which states in part: "The current estimated build date for your order is: Tuesday 30 June 2020"

Now, I have absolutely no problem with the order taking a long time to fulfil. I also don't have a problem with it being delayed mid order.
However, what I do have a problem with is no information, or incorrect information. The above is 4 different PCS interactions, and each gives me a different fulfilment date. Plus I had to contact then directly to get the information.
I communicated this to the chat operative and she apologised with "We are very sorry about the delay, we are doing everything we can to get on top of this".

I was not upset with her as she is doing the job she is told to do (and I don't envy her being in the firing line of frustrated customers).
I am upset with the general customer handling by "PCS Customer Services" (their policies and operating procedures).
If they were to update their policy to be more transparent, open and forthcoming with their paying customers, then I think a lot of the current backlash would be mitigated.
Heck! Just tell me straight up that it is going to take X number of days to deliver my order (no matter the how long X is). And then keep to that schedule. Don't change it every time I contact you.

PS: I thought I'd express my mind here rather than add to their growing list of bad reviews on TrustPilot.
As an update:
Since posting this I have had 2 emails originated by PCS. They have definitely improved their customer communication - which I definitely appreciate.
The 1st email predicted that I would go into the build phase around 29 June. However the most recent email (yesterday) told me that my pc has already gone into the build phase (on Day 20).
This is just one data sample, but would make it seem that they are getting ahead of their estimates and could even possibly be starting to work through the back-log.
Hopefully this is a glimmer of hope for everyone else still waiting.
So stoked that if everything goes well in build and test I will have my new pc soon!