Every week my order gets delayed.

nick_123

Silver Level Poster
True, true and true. Like i said, i'm here just to vent.
And no, they don't do their "best"
I've talked to some friends who are working in the IT field, guess what. In no more than 10-15 working days you will have your PC. But that's not in UK.
Before i got into IT, i used to work in warehouses, called some friends, they run "normal". Sometimes they have problems with the orders but they manage. If they get overwhelmed by orders they just email the clients and tell them they gonna be late by 2-3 days.
I also worked in an online shop for tools, and a friend there just told me the orders are 5 times bigger than usual, and they can still deliver in 3-5 working days. But from 20 working days to 40 it's a huge difference.
****Removed as not appropriate for forum****
Working only with a few people in the warehouse. Why should they pay everyone when they can delay us as long as they want? U know, they already have our money and it's a pandemic. I've seen this already, and it went bad.
Now someone is gonna say "OMG, how can you say that, you are soooo meeaaannn"
Give me a break please, i was building PC's for my friends for fun.
Took me around 10-12 hours to finish it with all the testing possible.
But NO, we need 7 working days just to confirm your payment. A FULL payment by debit card. This means your money is already in our account and if you want to refund we will give you hell, and it will take you a month or more to receive your money back.
Now we gonna put you in Pre-Production, that means we can keep you there for as long as we want because you don't know what we are doing in the warehouse and how many people are working on the orders. Do we have 3 or 10? U'll never know.
After that we will put your status in building, another 5 working days.
Everything was in stock. When i did the build you gave me presets to choose from with parts that work well together and usually don't cause any problems. I had the option from a mid range build to a top build.
Then we gonna install your windows and test it. That's 5-6 hours tops, maybe 8 if they overclock everything and put it back to normal. You know like i know they already have the software to do everything in a few clicks.
But that's not the case since i didn't ordered an overclocked PC.
I can go on like this forever but i don't see the point.
Whoever has a little bit of knowledge in IT knows that whatever they are doing in that company is not right.
And if they have so many orders why they don't STOP the orders until they catch up?
Oh wait, i forgot, money.

Let me start (and finish) by congratulating you for having so many friends in so many high places.

Is that a serious post?

Thank you everyone, i vented enough :)
Yeah, i kinda went a little overboard with my suppositions but i never said THEY ARE DOING EXACTLY WHAT I SAID.
When you are angry sometimes you just sit in a corner and you get all kind of ideas :)
Some of you people are taking it personal.
On the other hand i don't see any of you in my shoes right now and yeah, things are different in an IT warehouse. Also i'm not sure how many of you worked in a warehouse :)
Anyway, enough is enough, i'm sorry if i made anyone mad or if i said things that hurt anyone around here.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Yeah, i kinda went a little overboard with my suppositions but i never said THEY ARE DOING EXACTLY WHAT I SAID.
When you are angry sometimes you just sit in a corner and you get all kind of ideas :)
On the other hand i don't see any of you in my shoes right now and yeah, things are different in an IT warehouse. Also i'm not sure how many of you worked in a warehouse :)
Anyway, enough is enough, i'm sorry if i made anyone mad or if i said things that hurt anyone around here.
Huge respect from me for realising you may have come on a bit strong and for apologising for that.

This will all be a bad memory once you get your PC. [emoji846]

Via Tapatalk

keithbeaks

Enthusiast
You and your moderator friend seem to assume i am cancelling or are you advising me to cancel ? If my build time is going to be 10 weeks+ i will be receiving some form of compensation. As when i was handing over £2000 there was no explanation that i would have to wait over 10 weeks.
Also i do know your guys don't work for PCS but some people may not understand that when reading your replies. Another thing that will be being mentioned on the phone Monday morning. You may not work for them but you are indirectly representing them on here and people could not be blamed for thinking you do work for them. So lose the attitude and cocky replies.

Think you might need to calm down

keithbeaks

Enthusiast

I'm in your shoes. I needed my PC weeks ago. Oh well.

I rang a few other companies yesterday and they all told me to ignore the delivery estimates on the site. Some are still selling a guaranteed delivery date....... Personally I think that's worse, but again it isn't normal times.

I was just gathering information, I'm not cancelling. Say what you want about the mods, I think it's unfair from a lot of people. But most of us have a much better machine because they are here helping people every day. I made several changes, some saved me money and the rest gave me a much better balanced PC. I'm looking at over a month, so be it. I've also had great advice on monitors and I'll be back to ask later this year about the new CPU's and GPU's.

They're good people, helping strangers for nothing. Don't forget that.

keithbeaks

Enthusiast
Well, i took what THEY said for granted. It's a big company right? Keeping in mind that they already told me it's a pandemic and it's gonna take a while.
I took a margin of 2 weeks of delays and made my plans with "delays" included. But from 25 working days to 40...

40 working days is two months. Is it taking two months?

As I've just posted you can still today pay for a guaranteed delivery date with some companies, which is impossible for a custom PC.

I'm not saying anything about the mods, they are not "the bad guys", they just take care of this forum and give us info for our custom PC's without asking anything in return. They are trying to help.
But there are people like me who lose their shh...over a minor or a major thing, depends how you look at it.
I learned in 5 years since i'm in UK that patience it's your best weapon :)

Hi there

My order is currently sitting on the 17th pre-production day and I just got an update it will go into build Friday 29th. This has been the only "positive" update after an excruciating amount of waiting time. However, have you guys seen any pushback on the build date? I've been contacting the chat live service but they seem to be unable to set proper expectations on it.

Regards

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi there

My order is currently sitting on the 17th pre-production day and I just got an update it will go into build Friday 29th. This has been the only "positive" update after an excruciating amount of waiting time that almost borderlines the unacceptable. However, have you guys seen any pushback on the build date? I've been contacting the chat live service but they seem to be unable to set proper expectations on it. It is taking me a great amount of energy and willpower to not canceling and ask for my refund. If I knew it would take this long I'd have tried to order the parts from Amazon and build it myself ( which it was actually a reply from one the customer service reps ).

Regards
The estimates that would normally be used is from an automated system which can’t handle the daily changes that are happening worldwide. The email you received was manually sent out yesterday and is a more viable expected date. You should ignore any of the estimates on the website and go by the emails.

keithbeaks

Enthusiast
Relevant or not, I don't know.

News today that the UK's biggest producer of chickens has a mass covid19 outbreak. I believe that the whole plant is being closed, while every staff member is checked, and until that is completed, it will mean none of those staff members going to work for 14 days.

Comparable I don't know?

But it does make you think that taking extra precautions, whilst at the same time the workload and orders at PCS is at all all time high, is why orders are taking that much longer. All my friends who work in offices still haven't been given a return to work date and some are being told they will now be permanently working from home, with a few meetings here and there held in much smaller and temporary offices. These include huge, multinational corporations.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Relevant or not, I don't know.

News today that the UK's biggest producer of chickens has a mass covid19 outbreak. I believe that the whole plant is being closed, while every staff member is checked, and until that is completed, it will mean none of those staff members going to work for 14 days.

Comparable I don't know?

But it does make you think that taking extra precautions, whilst at the same time the workload and orders at PCS is at all all time high, is why orders are taking that much longer. All my friends who work in offices still haven't been given a return to work date and some are being told they will now be permanently working from home, with a few meetings here and there held in much smaller and temporary offices. These include huge, multinational corporations.
I’m a critical worker for an IT firm, we’re only allowed a fraction of people in the office at one time, based on government laws for social distancing. Everyone and every company are having difficulties at the moment.

Just read over this thread for further info, this is on the news every day, it’s in all the papers, it shouldn’t be anything new to anyone.

keithbeaks

Enthusiast
I’m a critical worker for an IT firm, we’re only allowed a fraction of people in the office at one time, based on government laws for social distancing. Everyone and every company are having difficulties at the moment.

Just read over this thread for further info, this is on the news every day, it’s in all the papers, it shouldn’t be anything new to anyone.

I was saying it from the point of view, that if PCS were working normally and not taking precautions etc they could end up closing for two weeks. Then our orders would really be "insert your own words here"

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I was saying it from the point of view, that if PCS were working normally and not taking precautions etc they could end up closing for two weeks. Then our orders would really be "insert your own words here"
Yes, absolutely. PCS are being a responsible employer and taking the suggested precautions. A few weeks delay to our builds is far far better than putting their lives at risk.

Wolff

I live in UK, work in a tightly-packed warehouse and have worked all through the pandemic with distancing rules. It hasn’t been that detrimental to web orders.

If people are now having to wait 2 months in a queue, and this is increasing. Considering there is a pandemic, why are orders still being taken en mass?

keithbeaks

Enthusiast
I live in UK, work in a tightly-packed warehouse and have worked all through the pandemic with distancing rules. It hasn’t been that detrimental to web orders.

If people are now having to wait 2 months in a queue, and this is increasing. Considering there is a pandemic, why are orders still being taken en mass?

What does your warehouse produce?

Wolff

Clothing, areas where people would be bagging/tagging/packaging ready for delivery are covered by perspex screens per stall and such.