Extra Hard Drive Instead Of The DVD Drive Confusion

So originally I was going to go have a SSD and a secondary hard drive but it is now apparent that not an option without getting rid of the DVD Disk drive.

So because I’m a total noob, can someone explain what the ‘2nd HDD HARD DRIVE OPTICAL BAY CADDY’ means?
Does this mean my machine will be sent off with both the SSD and 2nd hard drive ready to go in place of the DVD drive and if so, how would I go about installing software’s which are on a disk or even windows 7?

I guess I’m just a little confused so if anyone can help out, I’d appreciate it.

Summary of my current spec:
Chassis & Display
Vortex Series: 15.6" Glossy Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-3610QM (2.30GHz) 6MB
Memory (RAM)
16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 (4 x 4GB)
Graphics Card
AMD® Radeon® HD 7970M - 2GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
128GB KINGSTON V200 SSD, SATA 6 Gb (300MB/R, 190MB/W) (Special Offer)
2nd Hard Disk
500GB SEAGATE MOMENTUS XT HYBRID, SATA 3 Gb/s, 32MB CACHE (7200 rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
2nd/3rd HDD HARD DRIVE OPTICAL BAY CADDY
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)
Network Facilities
GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® ADVANCED-N 6235 (300Mbps) + BLUETOOTH
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence
Laptop Cooling Stands
Zalman ZM-NC1000 Ultra-Quiet Laptop Cooler, upto 15.6 inch (£30)
Keyboard & Mouse
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Dead Pixel Guarantee
30 Day Dead Pixel Guarantee Inc. Labour & Carriage Costs (£12)

If you've made it to the end, thank you and any advice would be really appreciated, both on the build and my initial question.

Smurfette

I believe the 15.6" chassis only has space for either 1 hdd + 1 optical drive, or 2 hdd and no optical drive. If you want 2 hdd and an optical drive, you'd need to opt for the 17.3" chassis instead.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
So because I’m a total noob, can someone explain what the ‘2nd HDD HARD DRIVE OPTICAL BAY CADDY’ means?
Does this mean my machine will be sent off with both the SSD and 2nd hard drive ready to go in place of the DVD drive and if so, how would I go about installing software’s which are on a disk or even windows 7?
Yes the drives will be installed,the easiest way to to install software from disks would be to buy an external DVD drive.

Thanks for the response boys.

I think as long as windows 7 is installed and ready to go, i should be ok finding online downloads for my softwares, and if not then i will have to buy an external DVD drive, but thankfully i don't think they are very expensive these days.

HonestFlames

Bronze Level Poster
Downloads from the internet is why I gave away my DVD-RW drive and haven't touched an optical disc in 3 or 4 years.

Even Windows now installs beautifully (and much faster) from USB flash drives.