fallout new vegas....this game has 'issues'

greybing

if this game was human it would be sectioned under the mental health act,My god this game has problems,i can not play it as the frame rate is choppier than the north sea,if anyone else having problems with this game i implore you to vent here or on the bethesda forum they have to sort thes issues out.

Kalisnoir

Super Star
I got this yesterday and I know what you mean, Im running on High at 1920 x 1080 and its only just playable. Not to mention the random small white blocks that randomly flash on the screen every now and again. The issues dont deem the game unplayable but it would nice to see a performance update (Bethesda have said they are working with NVidia now to sort out performance.) The problem I have is that my version of the game isn't on steam, which stops me getting the update released today.

However the game is still awesome :)

Gishank

Bright Spark
Kalisnoir, piracy is wrong, tsk tsk. The performence issues have been noted (to be honest they're not *that* bad) and are in the progress of being addresse - however there is a DLL fix which improves things located here.

Kalisnoir

Super Star
I like to try before I buy :) and yeah I saw a quote from Bethesda responding to the issues, and they aint too bad, but i'd much happier if they wernt there at all :)

EDIT* cheers for the DLL fix, makes more difference then you expect , can now play on Ultra High with no problem :)

Last edited:

greybing

kalisnoir ,the white blobs you mention can be got rid of for me by disabling anti allaising .It would be worth you messing around with combinations of aa amd bloom and that other one hdr is it.

greybing

there is a better fix for those white blobs which means you can have AA and HDR enabled if aanyone is interested.You need nvidia inspector, and you need to make a desktop shortcut because,for some reason you get more options when you have done this,once done go into it and there is a button in the middle right of the panel,press this and a bigger panel comes up.there is a drop down in here ,just poke around and you'll find it,in the drop down there is a list of games and software ,find fallout new vegas and select.Now under the section 'compatibility' for both anti aliasing and anti aliasing dx10 change the values from 0x00000000 to 0x200100c5 then apply changes and leave .this worked for me.note they are zeros and the 'x' is the letter x

Last edited:

martygeeoz

there is a better fix for those white blobs which means you can have AA and HDR enabled if aanyone is interested.You need nvidia inspector, and you need to make a desktop shortcut because,for some reason you get more options when you have done this,once done go into it and there is a button in the middle right of the panel,press this and a bigger panel comes up.there is a drop down in here ,just poke around and you'll find it,in the drop down there is a list of games and software ,find fallout new vegas and select.Now under the section 'compatibility' for both anti aliasing and anti aliasing dx10 change the values from 0x00000000 to 0x200100c5 then apply changes and leave .this worked for me.note they are zeros and the 'x' is the letter x

I had to register if only to extend my thanks for this gem of a tip. I recently got a Dell XPS15 (Nividia Geforce GT 435M graphics card) and had the issues described above. It was like the flash of grenades going off in the distance, and the screen would occasionally 'flicker' like there was a box or small window in the background. Terribly distracting for the whole game experience. After downloading Nvidia Inspector and going through the steps above - all gone! Absolutely awesome & thanks heaps.

Gorman

Author Level
Had this game since launch from Steam, not had an issue so far.

Well i would say that how it fails to even touch on the awesomeness of the original 2 games in a sad and desperate clammer to appeal to the console "gamers" is an issue but i guess thats another thread.

Evil Tactician

Gold Level Poster

Well i would say that how it fails to even touch on the awesomeness of the original 2 games in a sad and desperate clammer to appeal to the console "gamers" is an issue but i guess thats another thread.

You just pretty much took the words out of my mouth. Not had any issues at all - but the game somehow hasn't managed to immerse me or really drag me in. I've played less than 10 hours and I just can't bring myself to continue. Can't quite put my finger on it, it's not a bad game but it's just not... interesting...

Which is odd, given that I love this type of game, love the fallout universe (played & finished ALL previous games), love the other games based on a similar engine (TES/F3, etc) but... well... it's just... boring?

Phoenix

Prolific Poster

Well I haven't played the first 2 but it sure beats Fallout 3 with ironsights for weapons.