Fan overworking

Hi i bought a pc from ye just over a year ago!

The problem i have is a minute one, a few weeks ago i just turned on my pc and was about to log into facebook when i got the blue screen of death.

Now any time i start my pc a window appears at the start! The background is blue for top half with Asus Express Gate in top right corner and black background for bottom half! There are 7 icons in total at the bottom of screen! Power off is closest to right hand corner and and an exit icon that has a 10 second timer over it if i don't move mouse! once i click the exit icon one of the fans start to work overtime (i haven't a clue which one) and this is my problem the noise is alot higher than it was prior to blue screen as i could barely hear the pc!! Any info as to the problem would be great..

Also i need to get new usb ports as i kneed the usb connector on my head set upwards and broke the usb ports!!

This is spec of my pc if its any help!

Case COOLERMASTER HAF-X FULL TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Six Core Processor i7-970 (3.20GHz) 6.4GTs/12MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS® P6X58D PREMIUM: DDR3, USB 3.0 & SATA 6.0GB/s, 3-Way SLI
Memory (RAM) 12GB KINGSTON HYPER-X TRI-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (6 x 2GB KIT)
Graphics Card 1536MB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX580 GDDR5 PCI EXPRESS - DX 11 (PRE-ORDER)
2nd Graphics Card NONE
3rd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
2nd Hard Disk NONE
RAID NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 10x BLU-RAY RE-WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£88)
Power Supply CORSAIR 1000W PRO SERIES (HX1000) 80+ MODULAR PSU (£169)
Processor Cooling COOLIT ECO C240 A.L.C (ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER) (£102)
Sound Card Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Titanium PCI Express (£59)
Network Facilities WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI CARD (£16)
USB Options 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Looks like a hardware fault,possibly the GPU or RAM,
you could try "last known good configuration"
tap the the F8 key on startup.
When the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, use the arrow keys to select "Last Known Good Configuration"and then press enter.