Processor Cooling
CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Display RGB CPU Cooler

Pretty sure that comes with Commander core

Chibble

Bronze Level Poster
Yes, that's what I see there too.

Here's the map in the motherboard manual:

View attachment 32246

It's a very simple fix: the plug that goes into W_PUMP+ on the right hand side needs to be plugged into any of the CHA_FAN headers. Depending on how tightly it's cable-managed, this might be a really easy fix, but if it's been done very neatly and securely it may be tricky. I'd call them up if I were you.

It's a really simple fix, but I can totally understand being nervous about trying it! If you do try it, you must turn the PC off at the power supply/unplug it from the wall before moving plugs around inside.

I did give it a tug and there was absolutely no give on it so I don't imagine I'd be able to do it. Not to mention there are cables running under the other headers that are basically pushed up against the pins so even if I could get it across I doubt it'd actually fit.

If he has commander, he did mention somewhere he had the lighting node, if so that only does the fairy lights, not the whirly whirly.

I got the 150i LCD cooler which I believe came with a commander core. At the very least I'm able to control the aio fans with iCue.

Chibble

Bronze Level Poster
On the off chance anyone here knows, are there extenders for these cables I can buy anywhere? I'm really not looking forward to sending back the PC.

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

RichLan564

Bright Spark
It is, and it's also not the first time I think I've seen it mentioned on this forum. I would want to connect the repeater to one of the chassis headers, and then it should work perfectly. Very unfortunate that that wasn't done.
This is exactly how mine came setup, its is a bit off or PCS to use that header really as they are obviously chassis fans so should be on a chassis header

To OP, as other replies, just needs moving to the CHA header (i can't see why it would need extending as mine reached, might just need some cable ties clipping off to realse some slack) then you will be able to control all fans via BIOS or Armoury Crate , note that they will all be the same speed though as they will be using a common PWM splitter.

Chibble

Bronze Level Poster
The cable disappears into the psu shroud. I popped open the back to see if I could identify where it goes and see if there was a cable tie I could clip but I don't have a clue where to start with this.
I've arranged an RMA but will try the extender first because their return times right now look to be incredibly long. Overall not having a great PCS experience this time around.

techguyone

Silver Level Poster
Processor Cooling
CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Display RGB CPU Cooler

Pretty sure that comes with Commander core
I have the cappelix version and that comes with the core, so you can have up to 6 fans connected (both fanspeed & RGB) maybe the elite doesn't have it, only a lighting node.

Chibble

Bronze Level Poster
It does. There is a commander and two lighting nodes mounted on the back of the mobo. Commander has 3/6 rgb hub ports occupied. See pic in my last post.

techguyone

Silver Level Poster
It does. There is a commander and two lighting nodes mounted on the back of the mobo. Commander has 3/6 rgb hub ports occupied. See pic in my last post.
In that case for another 3 fans at least if you want control through iCUE for RGB/Fan profile you'll need 3 corsair fans, it seems a shame to waste the 3 slots you have free for that use.

Chibble

Bronze Level Poster
I already have 7 extra corsair case fans, six are joined into one PWM and the last is on its own. Theyre just connected to the wpump and cpu fan headers on the mobo right now.

RichLan564

Bright Spark
The cable disappears into the psu shroud. I popped open the back to see if I could identify where it goes and see if there was a cable tie I could clip but I don't have a clue where to start with this.
I've arranged an RMA but will try the extender first because their return times right now look to be incredibly long. Overall not having a great PCS experience this time around.
Its one of these, can't remember which one though !

1644241130608.png

Chibble

Bronze Level Poster
Ah, ok. I might be misunderstanding here but: does this mean that they plugged it into the pump header by routing the cable around the mobo and through the PSU shroud when they could also have plugged it into the commander core like 2 inches to the right of it?

I'm not entirely sure but the commander core is listed as being able to accommodate 6 fans and I have 6 fans running off of one thing (PWM head? Splitter? Idk the right terms). The AIO is already plugged into the commander core so 3 RGB hub slots and (I think) one fan slot are taken.

So if I managed to unplug and pull this cable all the way back up to the rear of the motherboard and plugged it into the commander core... would that fix all of this and give me control via iCue? Would it even fit in the commander core?

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Ah, ok. I might be misunderstanding here but: does this mean that they plugged it into the pump header by routing the cable around the mobo and through the PSU shroud when they could also have plugged it into the commander core like 2 inches to the right of it?

I'm not entirely sure but the commander core is listed as being able to accommodate 6 fans and I have 6 fans running off of one thing (PWM head? Splitter? Idk the right terms). The AIO is already plugged into the commander core so 3 RGB hub slots and (I think) one fan slot are taken.

So if I managed to unplug and pull this cable all the way back up to the rear of the motherboard and plugged it into the commander core... would that fix all of this and give me control via iCue? Would it even fit in the commander core?
I *think* if you take the PWM splitter cable from the MB (other one is power) and plug it into a spare way on the commander core you should be able to control it via iCUE but again, they will all have the same speed as its effectively the same speed channel split by the board.

Chibble

Bronze Level Poster
Right ok, sorry for my ignorance here - what would the PWM splitter be? The bit that is currently plugged into the W_PUMP+ header on the bottom right of the mobo? Or one of the two things you pointed out in your earlier post?

I have no issue with them all being the same speed, I just wanna be able to control them haha. Current issue is that they run at 100% all the time because that's what the pump header is supposed to do. If I can remove the need for armoury crate and just use iCue that's an even better result.

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Right ok, sorry for my ignorance here - what would the PWM splitter be? The bit that is currently plugged into the W_PUMP+ header on the bottom right of the mobo? Or one of the two things you pointed out in your earlier post?

I have no issue with them all being the same speed, I just wanna be able to control them haha. Current issue is that they run at 100% all the time because that's what the pump header is supposed to do. If I can remove the need for armoury crate and just use iCue that's an even better result.
The splitter is the whole board, the things i pointed at atre the cables, on is to MB, one is power, it basically takes one fan signal from the MB and turns it into 6

Easiest thing is to just move it to the CHA header, just clip off the cable ties below it it should create some slack and trace it down to MB

Once you have it on that header it will appear in Armoury Crate as a chassis fan

Chibble

Bronze Level Poster
So after cutting off pretty much all the cable ties I was able to chase the cable all the way. I can confirm there is absolutely no slack on this cable. It is fully extended and cannot reach the chassis fan headers.

RichLan564

Bright Spark
So after cutting off pretty much all the cable ties I was able to chase the cable all the way. I can confirm there is absolutely no slack on this cable. It is fully extended and cannot reach the chassis fan headers.
Can you not reroute it ? Alternatively plug it into the commander core as previously suggested, should work fine ?

Chibble

Bronze Level Poster
I got it plugged into the commander core and a fan #4 now shows up in icue under my cooler, however I am unable to control the fan speed at all. Even when set to zero rpm the fans take no notice.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-07 070017.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-07 070017.png
    125 KB · Views: 109

Chibble

Bronze Level Poster
I doubt I can reroute it as most of the cable's length is taken up travelling down from the splitter to the bottom of the mobo anyway. It just about peeks through. It only barely reaches the W_PUMP header tbh.