Fast Track System

Macky

Hi all, this isn't really a rant. I've just ordered from PCS and so far so good. Just a little confused about the fast track system though.

I wanted to get my PC a.s.a.p so I selected Fast Track at the end of my order, only to find it couldn't be included because of the case I had selected. I tried 3 other cases and all said the same thing. Without wanting to go too far over my budget I just stuck with standard delivery and that was that.

Today I went back to amend my order and decided to try fast track again, just incase. This time, it was 4 items on my order :/

Is it because they simply don't have these items in stock? And will this mean that because 4 of my items could not be used with fast track, that i'm going to have a huge delay on my system before they come in? I'm just curious and being the weekend I can't contact support to confirm, was hoping someone here could shed a little light.

Thanks! :winkiss:

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
yup as I understand it unless they have all your components currently in stock then they cant fast track, for obvious reasons.

Macky

I see thank you. So has anyone else had this before and did you have to wait extra for your parts to come in? Or was it fairly quick?

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Parts may come in the next day, however they may take more time, because of this lack of guarantee fast track is not available, however normally parts will arrive pretty quick if needed for a standard delivery order. A few exceptions was the 590 wen it first came out, they were and tbh still are not very common.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I wouldnt worry too much about a delay on the overall lead time. If it adds a day toyour order, that may be absorbed by the normal lead time estimates, but if you fast track something, 1 day extra is going to kill that process.

Stay positive is the best advice and keep pressing F5 :D

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
Wouldn't fireFox loading be classed as a fault? It's rubbish ;)

but anyway, unfortunately we can run out of stock on a day to day basis, when this happens it is usually about 1-2 days until we can get those components in, and has only happened because we've oversold our estimated quota of that item, but some items can be different, e.g. GTX 590's and some laptop processors have been very difficult to get hold of, but in any case the best thing to do is to ask us about these components and we can tell you the ETA's on said components.

Last edited:

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Wouldn't fireFox loading be classed as a fault? It's rubbish ;).

How can you say that? lol

Its easily the best development browser, and tbh out of all browsers I think it still works the best, I do like chrome for speed, but then tbh i dont care about a few ms difference when im browsing.

FF has the greatest support for developers in terms of plugins, liek firebug. I actually dont knwo what id do without firebug, especially for my ajax / java bean calls.

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
I was simply being annoying, but I genuinely don't like Firefox for my own reasons, the main point of my post was to provide a little insight into the stock rotation :)

Macky

Wouldn't fireFox loading be classed as a fault? It's rubbish ;)

but anyway, unfortunately we can run out of stock on a day to day basis, when this happens it is usually about 1-2 days until we can get those components in, and has only happened because we've oversold our estimated quota of that item, but some items can be different, e.g. GTX 590's and some laptop processors have been very difficult to get hold of, but in any case the best thing to do is to ask us about these components and we can tell you the ETA's on said components.

Thanks! I spoke with support today but unfortunately were unable to give me an ETA on the hard drives. Not to worry though, I understand these things happen!

Macky

Well first week down, was a bit dissapointed it wasn't ready for dispatch today, I don't think it has been built yet either >_<

I had put fast track & saturday delivery in the hopes it would of been here for tomorrow for the August LAN party but no such luck... So i'll see if I can get a refund on the Saturday delivery whenever support is back.

Macky

Woo it's in building now! I don't have anything bad to say about PCS, I understand that stock can go just as quickly as it comes and I look forward to it arriving next week. Live support & phone support were both extremely helpful.