Final nod of assurance

calduf

Silver Level Poster
Hey, buying pc tomorrow, and want to make sure my spec is solid

Case
STYLISH PIANO BLACK ENIGMA MICRO-ATX CASE + 2 FRONT USB

Processor (CPU)
AMD PHENOM II X4 QUAD CORE 955 (3.20GHz/8MB CACHE/AM3)

Motherboard
ASUS® M5A78L-M/USB3: M-ATX, USB 3.0, SATA 3.0Gb/s

Memory (RAM)
4GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 2GB)

Graphics Card
1GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 550 Ti - DVI,HDMI,VGA - 3D Vision Ready

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
2TB WD CAVIAR GREEN WD20EARX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT

Power Supply
450W Quiet 80 PLUS Dual Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan (£29)

Processor Cooling
STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER

Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Network Facilities
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs

USB Options
4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

Office Software
FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)

Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL

Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)

I'll be using it all the time, and will be doing quite a bit of multitasking and low-mid-high gaming I also need it to last quite a bit of time, a little bit of video editing to, thanks, and pretty much any input is welcomed, speedy replys if possible too, as the sooner the better lol! Thanks guys

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
You should be able to get some low - mid level gaming out of it on newer games, older games should work fine.

Its a solid pc that should handle multi tasking fine. Even video editing will be fine, just take a little longer than on some of the beasts that people buy on here.

calduf

Silver Level Poster
Hey thanks mate, that's reassuring to know, any estimate of how good gaming wise, you say it should handle low-mid gaming out of it, any expansion? :) and yea some people must have crazy money for stuff :L lol

P.s +1. For your post :)

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Older games will run like a dream on it, no problems their. Games released in the past few months (ie pre BF3) should be able to run at medium settings. Its only when you start REALLY cranking up the graphics options that you need alot more power from your GPU to cope. As far as how future games will play, if you are content to turn down the settings a little more i doubt their will be a problem with those also.

Even todays low end cards are really quite powerful, here is a side by side of the (fairly) low end 550ti vs a very solid mid range card the 560ti http://www.hwcompare.com/9686/geforce-gtx-550-ti-vs-geforce-gtx-560-ti/ not too big a gap really if you keep the 'AF' and 'AA' settings low you will still get very good framerates

This link explain AA and AF http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/601/the_simple_antialiasing_and_anisotropic_guide/index2.html

calduf

Silver Level Poster
Thanks for that :D and yea, I don't intend using aa or af a lot if atall! So I hope this will future proof for a bit :) and as a last question... Just in your opinion, how much better will the whole computing user experience be, to using the gtx 550ti to not using a graphics card at all (inbuilt/intergrated graphics)?? Thanks :)

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Onboard graphics just don't come anywhere near a dedicated card. Something like the i5 2500 with some of the most powerful onboard graphics available would not play games at all well.

Because you want to play games i would stick with the 550ti.