Finally took the plunge and ordered....!

harzo

Silver Level Poster
As the title suggests, I have finally plucked up the courage to order! My finger was literally shaking over the accept/confirm button haha! Just want to thank everyone here for all the help and support, I have been out of the PC scene for years and I have learnt so much over the past week lurking and posting in the forums! Here is the final spec I have went for...

Case COOLERMASTER HAF 912 PLUS MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i5-2500 Quad Core (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard ASUS® P8Z68-V: USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs, NVIDIA®SLI™, ATI®CrossFireX
Memory (RAM) 8GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)
Graphics Card 1.25GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 570 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
2nd Hard Disk NONE
RAID NONE
SSD CACHE DRIVE NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NONE
Memory Card Reader NONE
Power Supply CORSAIR 650W TX SERIES (TX650) 80+ ULTRA QUIET PSU (£72)
Processor Cooling SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£19)
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Modem NONE, I WILL BE USING BROADBAND
Floppy Disk Drive NONE
Firewire & Video Editing NONE
TV Card NONE
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Anti-Virus NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Monitor IIYAMA E2473HDS 24" LED WIDESCREEN, 2 x HDMI/DVI-D HD 1920x1080 (£169)
2nd Monitor NONE
DVI-D & HDMI Monitor Cables NONE
Eyefinity / GeForce 3D Vision NONE
Keyboard & Mouse LOGITECH® K200 USB MEDIA KEYBOARD (£10)
Mouse LOGITECH® MX™518 OPTICAL GAMING MOUSE (£28)
Speakers NONE
Webcam NONE
Headsets (VOIP) NONE
Surge Protection NONE
Printer NONE
External Hard Drive NONE
Warranty 3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Home Installation NONE
Data Recovery NONE
Delivery SCOTTISH HIGHLANDS & UK OFFSHORE ISLANDS / N IRELAND (£19)
Build Time Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days
Pricing Information
Price (excluding VAT) £1,023.33
Price £1,228.00

I cannot wait to get Battlefield 3 and MW3 and play them as they are meant to be played! Have also missed playing strategy games and plan on getting Shogun 2 as well.

This next few weeks are going to drag! I am guessing it will take a bit longer cos I am from Northern Ireland?

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
lookin good :), your gonna love it, if you have a gf tell her to go on holiday for couple of weeks wen it arrives cus you wont have any time for her lolol

harzo

Silver Level Poster
lookin good :), your gonna love it, if you have a gf tell her to go on holiday for couple of weeks wen it arrives cus you wont have any time for her lolol

Lol maybe this is why I don't have one in the first place :p

faihaf

Silver Level Poster
nice spec mate i also order mine to play bf3 i m doing bf3 alpha trial testing on my laptop and it keep crashing every 5 min :(

Petchi b

Nice rig! My recent order is quite similar. I have ordered the same monitor, its excellent I've heard!

theblackchilli

Bronze Level Poster
Hi Harzo

Im from Northern Ireland too and just my pc today from pcs. It didnt take to long for it to be delievered onced it was dispatched. on tuesday it was sent out and it was in belfast by wednesday evening wud of had my pc yesterday but i was at work and missed the courier but i set up a re-delievery and had it this morning.

harzo

Silver Level Poster
Hi Harzo

Im from Northern Ireland too and just my pc today from pcs. It didnt take to long for it to be delievered onced it was dispatched. on tuesday it was sent out and it was in belfast by wednesday evening wud of had my pc yesterday but i was at work and missed the courier but i set up a re-delievery and had it this morning.

Ahh this is good to know - I am also from Belfast.

I work 60 hour weeks so no doubt I will miss the courier.... where is their depot if I want to drive and pick it up or can I not do that?

theblackchilli

Bronze Level Poster
U wont be too far away man its in the harbour industrial estate

Unit 3A
Edgewater Road Ind. Estate
Belfast Harbour
Belfast
Co. Antrim
BT3 9JQ

Telephone: 0844 248 0538

60hrs a week man u must be shattered at the end of the week!

harzo

Silver Level Poster
U wont be too far away man its in the harbour industrial estate

Unit 3A
Edgewater Road Ind. Estate
Belfast Harbour
Belfast
Co. Antrim
BT3 9JQ

Telephone: 0844 248 0538

60hrs a week man u must be shattered at the end of the week!

Cheers for this - sorry hadn't realised you had replied! Yes I AM shattered - I am a retail manager and work all kinds of crazy hours lol.

Well today is the day..... I am sat here in work knowing that I could get my PC today, depends on a few factors...

- I have my brother waiting at home till 10am cos I work until 3..
- I am hoping it arrives before 10 or after 3 or I will miss it!
- I am going to call Yodel at 8am and see if they can just keep it at the depot for me to collect at around 4pm (this is the ideal solution!!)

Wish me luck!!

UndeadJack

Master Poster
Cheers for this - sorry hadn't realised you had replied! Yes I AM shattered - I am a retail manager and work all kinds of crazy hours lol.

Well today is the day..... I am sat here in work knowing that I could get my PC today, depends on a few factors...

- I have my brother waiting at home till 10am cos I work until 3..
- I am hoping it arrives before 10 or after 3 or I will miss it!
- I am going to call Yodel at 8am and see if they can just keep it at the depot for me to collect at around 4pm (this is the ideal solution!!)

Wish me luck!!

*Wishes luck*

harzo

Silver Level Poster
Thanks!

Yodel wouldn't hold it at the depot.... and my brother is off to work. I will have to pray it arrives after 4 or I won't get to use my new PC until tomorrow.

The wait is doing my head in!

UndeadJack

Master Poster
Thanks!

Yodel wouldn't hold it at the depot.... and my brother is off to work. I will have to pray it arrives after 4 or I won't get to use my new PC until tomorrow.

The wait is doing my head in!

Unlucky mate. Lets hope it doesn't come. I'm bet there doing a UPS and waitin for you bro to leave before visiting