First PC Help!

Tami_potat

Hi I'm looking into my first PC! Its been a big quest for me but never found the right time to tackle it 'til now. I also need a monitor, keyboard, mouse etc so my budget is stable enough for a whole bundle, though of course I'd love to save where I could 🥲

I'm aiming for a gamer desktop - going for games such as FFXIV online, Skyrim, Red Dead etc but no idea on what would be the good specifications to get the right graphics, RAM, processor, upgrade in the future etc sorted, so any sale guidance would be appreciated for a PC beginner :) Thanks! 🙇‍♀️

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Give this a read

Tami_potat

I'm sorry guys 😂

Monitor - Non-existant so no worries here, I'm literally starting from scratch 🤷‍♂️ Any recommendations for good gaming/VR would be appreciated
System - Will be for gaming and VR use
Budget - £1500/£2000; Budget is flexible

Hope this is helpful :3

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm sorry guys 😂

Monitor - Non-existant so no worries here, I'm literally starting from scratch 🤷‍♂️ Any recommendations for good gaming/VR would be appreciated
System - Will be for gaming and VR use
Budget - £1500/£2000; Budget is flexible

Hope this is helpful :3
There's a whole host of new hardware going up for pre order on the 15th September for release on the 27th.

It's a major step up in performance at the same budget, so we'll hold off recommending something until then.

Is the budget inclusive of monitor or is that an additional cost?

Tami_potat

Yesss I've heard of the newest hardware and if it is as improved as they say I wouldn't mind waiting for it come into effect unless any of the current hardware is still generally offering good gaming performance.

With monitors I don't mind adding any additional cost to my PC budget :) I'm not looking for any huge screens though, just 21.5 to 22

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm not looking for any huge screens though, just 21.5 to 22
Size translates to resolution, so 1080p is standard 24", 27" is 1440p 32" upwards is 4k

At your budget you'd be equalling 1440p at least. 1080p is really a dead resolution only for extreme budget builds and competitive play. But it's very poor by todays standards and generally best avoided.

unless any of the current hardware is still generally offering good gaming performance.
The entry level upcoming processor performs about the same as the current top of the range processor, so yes, it's a significant upgrade. There would be absolutely no point in buying old gen as it costs around the same as the new generation at equal tiers but performs significantly worse.