First PC spec help

callum tubb

Hi, i am currently looking at the choices in gpu's and would like some help with what to choose from. The gpu's im looking at are the gtx 1660 super, rx 5600xt and the rtx 2060.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi, i am currently looking at the choices in gpu's and would like some help with what to choose from. The gpu's im looking at are the gtx 1660 super, rx 5600xt and the rtx 2060.
With a PC, the components all fit their use case, so you can't just advise on a GPU without knowing what it's pairing with and use case.

They're completely different cards for very different requirements, for the build you proposed, the 2060 is overpowered and wouldn't be used.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The 1660 Super as configured is what would match your monitor.

The 2060 Super is a 1440p GPU, so overpowered for your system and wouldn't be used.

I would personally steer clear of AMD GPU's as they've had driver issues for about 8 months leading to BSODS and poor performance.

callum tubb

hi i am just deciding my final part of my build but was wondering whether i should go for the AMD ryzen 5 3600 or the intel i5 9600k? Could anyone help

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
hi i am just deciding my final part of my build but was wondering whether i should go for the AMD ryzen 5 3600 or the intel i5 9600k? Could anyone help
The build that’s been suggested is the perfect build for your budget, it’s not built on a whim, it’s configured specifically to meet your monitor, and usage scenario and budget.

Again, it’s not the case that you select individual components, they all fit together based on budget and usage scenario.

as said before, Intels are really really poor choices next to AMD now and for the foreseeable future.

If you’re looking at sites like Userbenchmark or cpubenchmark then they offer completely bogus results based on zero real world testing and it’s false information.

callum tubb

hi, is it easy enough to install a hard drive as i have on at home in my old pc and was thinking of putting that into my new pc

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
hi, is it easy enough to install a hard drive as i have on at home in my old pc and was thinking of putting that into my new pc

Yes, very straight forward.

You could also transfer your windows license if you wanted to save money there too. Depends what your plans are with the old PC though.

callum tubb

Im not overly sure what im going to be doing with the old pc but just wanted to save money on a hard drive. Im just not sure how difficult it is to install

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Im not overly sure what im going to be doing with the old pc but just wanted to save money on a hard drive. Im just not sure how difficult it is to install

2 cable connections and 4 screws at most. The cables are one way and you can't plug the wrong ones in or the wrong way.

You slot the drive into the bay (slides in)
Fix it in place with either 2 or 4 screws (depends on access)
Plug in the SATA cable, that will be received with the motherboard accessories
Plug in the power cable, that will come from the PSU

Job done.

callum tubb

Hi, i am just looking into monitors and was wondering what AMD freesync is and if that only matters if u have an AMD GPU

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi, i am just looking into monitors and was wondering what AMD freesync is and if that only matters if u have an AMD GPU
Adaptive sync is the generic term which is where the monitor adjusts it's frequency to whatever the gpu is putting out. It reduces screen tearing and even when the GPU is older and putting out lower fps, it will still stay buttery smooth. It's a given these days that if buying a gaming monitor, you get adaptive sync.

Freesync is AMD's version and GSync is nvidia's version. Freesync will work with either nvidia or AMD cards whereas GSync will only work with nVidia cards. There's also GSync Compatible which is a Freesync monitor that has been fully tested by nvidia themselves and they've deemed it good enough to achieve gsync compatible branding.

callum tubb

Has anyone got any suggestions on a good 24inch monitor.
I have been looking at these so far:
BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P 24 Inch 144 Hz
Dell S2419HGF 24 Inch

OMEN by HP 25 Full-HD (24.5" ) LED Gaming Display - 144Hz, 1ms Response