Flickering green and red lines on HDMI external monitor.

stecoy

Hi all,

I'm having an issue connecting my Optimus II laptop to an external monitor. It's a Dell 2407WFP, using a DVI-HDMI adapter. It works fine with other HDMI devices, but when connected to the laptop I either get an 'out of range' message, or an image with a lot of green and red horizontal, flickering lines. I've tried various resolutions and modes and it doesn't seem to make any difference. I'm hoping it's a software thing, not a hardware fault, is there something I'm missing or a way to sort this?

Thanks.

stecoy

Well I've verified that the cable and adapter work with another device (desktop PC), and it's definitely connected securely. Are there any software issues that might cause this or is it almost definitely a hardware issue?

Buzz

Master
Try resetting your 2407WFP to factory defaults.
Usually on the panel on the front of the screen.

stecoy

Tried resetting the monitor, with no difference. I've also tried booting into Ubuntu with identical results, is there a possibility that the card is just incompatible with the monitor, or is it a hardware issue with the laptop?

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I would still try another cable/adaptor,sometimes a cable/adaptor will work on one computer & not another.
Maybe you could borrow one from somewhere just to try it.

stecoy

The cable, adapter and monitor do seem to work fine on my PC. I'll aim to give it a try with another cable before I come to a conclusion though.

Last edited: