Fml

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
Yeah, but then my parents would kill me! Factory resetting is poking the back of it with a pin right? What would I lose, all passwords, SSID. Can everything be changed on the device web page? Providing I can get into that!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
thats pretty good madman :) lolo it says faster than 82% of GB, shows how poor the majority of broadband connections are.

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
1783511083.png

so they did some work in my area,

2917352989.png

life changing speeds, and they're finally working on putting fibre optics in the area yay

sted

Rising Star
Mine still says around 7Mbps, but may be slightly inaccurate. According to steam, my peak rate is 1.4MB. Or that has been the highest whenever I've checked as downloading something.

Fibre Optics would be great, especially now that I've ended up downloading numerous games after thinking it would remain a rarity.

Even if my rate was boosted to only about 5-8MB's with a steady flow, it's better than a 1.4 peak rate, and constant drops as low as 100KBps.. And someone more reliable than Sky has been for me, even after upgrading from the free internet pack with a 2GB limit, to a limitless pack.

They seem to have really dropped in quality, you'd think having a phone line with them, Sky channels and now paid internet for an extensive amount of time, along with being a long time customer anyway would have increased advantages, like less constant connection drops, or speed decreases all through the day, regardless of the 'usual peak times' and others using the internet, or downloading.

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Even though I have 60mb bandwidth I very, very rarely download anything at that speed. Steam downloads top out at around 6mb with the average being around 3-4mb.

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Right that's it, I'm upgrading. Then again, do I really want to drop my ping to a hellish 9ms??

sted

Rising Star
I'd probably be happy with less than half of that, lol. I think my current speed is the highest I've actually had over the years (sadly), so just about any speed increase over 2MB would likely be noticeable to me. That's also the reason why only a few months back I dreaded the thought of downloading games, because of the times when 1GB downloads took times closer to what 4GB ones do now, when my speeds want to be more steady, and closer to the 1MB mark, that is.

Could be wrong, though. Had BT for a while, and the line was the most reliable we've had. Never downloaded much then while we had BT, so I'm not even sure how fast it was/could be.