FN Key not working

Solljak

I think the numberpad issue works "as intended" I.E the number lock just works as the intended button but im just not used to it. My MSI laptop prior to this just did it differently

Solljak

You need to press the FN key along with the Function key for it to work?
either method doesnt work, on my keyboard if i press F9 this happens "++++++++++" so its pressing the + key? +
infact even holding it doesnt make a difference, it just seems to be active all the time, even if i try to "toggle " it

Solljak

...The mute bottun now works but the volume down button does not. I am not holding the FN key at all either .. infact hte FN key doesnt seem to be working / switching functions

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
either method doesnt work, on my keyboard if i press F9 this happens "++++++++++" so its pressing the + key? +
infact even holding it doesnt make a difference, it just seems to be active all the time, even if i try to "toggle " it
Where is it typing the + symbol? You’re increasing volume so a plus would make sense?

Solljak

Where is it typing the + symbol? You’re increasing volume so a plus would make sense?
im trying to decrease it, the F9 key makes a + as a symbol when typed, not as an action for volume. The F10 key is working as intended

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
im trying to decrease it, the F9 key makes a + as a symbol when typed, not as an action for volume. The F10 key is working as intended
Can you post the chassis number from the underside of the laptop?

Sounds like that control center is particularly buggy, hopefully there's an updated version somewhere.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ok, so it is a TongFang, unfortunately they don't have a public repository to download drivers so you can only source them through the System Integrator.

I'd give PCS a call and explain the issue, hopefully they've got an updated version.

Solljak

Okay thanks Spydertracks, I will give them a ring tomorrow.
Thanks by the way. I appreaciate you taking the time to help! This has been on my mind all week, not been able to sit down and play around because been away from home, so no chance :/
Thanks again.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Okay thanks Spydertracks, I will give them a ring tomorrow.
Thanks by the way. I appreaciate you taking the time to help! This has been on my mind all week, not been able to sit down and play around because been away from home, so no chance :/
Thanks again.
It's certainly an odd one, definitely not normal operation, either the version is outdated or windows isn't configured correctly, but PCS should be able to tell you either way.