Folding

Gorman

Author Level
folding.JPG

The fermi folds like a monster, 1250 ns/day!

steveuk87

Super Star
lol i may do it when i get my pc bk, as it may be able to do something other then complain about me pressing the on button unlike this laptop that is still run by hamsters running on little wheels!!

Steve

Gorman

Author Level
ill be honest... im a little confused about whats happening :D

Folding is a massive distributed computing project ran by stanford uni. It uses your cpu and gpu to run simulations which help medical research. Its the kind of thing you fire up when your on forums etc. Millions of machines all over the world grab a chunk of data and work on it then upload it back up. One day folding will cure cancer or allow people to have gills. Either is fine with me.

[video=youtube;VfbkB3D3qHI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfbkB3D3qHI[/video]

[video=youtube;EZ1XuOgknuE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ1XuOgknuE[/video]

Sweeney47

aha, that clears it up... I read the front page and it was on about proteins and curing cancer etc and I was struggling to link that to a PC program and PS3 etc :p

steveuk87

Super Star
Can you add me on PSN? I'll accept when I get back to Romania as I didn't bring my PS3 here.
RO-M1Rc34 is the PSNID :3

yeah do it now mines the same as here

Folding is a massive distributed computing project ran by stanford uni. It uses your cpu and gpu to run simulations which help medical research. Its the kind of thing you fire up when your on forums etc. Millions of machines all over the world grab a chunk of data and work on it then upload it back up. One day folding will cure cancer or allow people to have gills. Either is fine with me.

HAHAHAHa love to have gills man!!

Steve

Meds

Oooooh Dave splashing that cash! My PC is going to be seriously under powered compared to you guys @ next LAN :(

misterdave

Enthusiast
Cos the mans after a michelin star meal, not the scraps from bins.

hit the nail on the head Gorman, I don't want 2xMR.SLIGHTLYBETTERTHANAVERAGE I want 1xBLOWYOURSOCKSOFF

and its time I had a really good GPU as my past ones

GTX260
8800GT
7600GT
FX5200 ULTRAII

none of which were ever the best card on the market.

PaulH

Bright Spark
Eh, They arent slightly better than average though......2 of them are faster than any single GPU on the planet :p