for gaming check pls

ace1

Silver Level Poster
been reading forums here a bit and got this set up can anyone spot anything i should fix or anything, going be used for gaming want it to set any game to max with a min of 40fps will this get the job done?

Case
COOLERMASTER CM STORM SNIPER - NEXT GEN GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5-2500 Quad Core (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard
ASUS® P8P67 LE: USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, CrossFireX™
Memory (RAM)
8GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)
Graphics Card
1.25GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 570 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
2nd Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR GREEN WD10EARS, SATA 3 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£72)
Processor Cooling
SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£19)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Monitor
IIYAMA E2473HDS 24" LED WIDESCREEN, 2 x HDMI/DVI-D HD 1920x1080 (£169)
DVI-D & HDMI Monitor Cables
1 x 2 METRE GOLD PLATED V1.4 HDMI CABLE (£8)
Keyboard & Mouse
LOGITECH® MK250 WIRELESS KEYBOARD & MOUSE COMBO (£19)
Speakers
LOGITECH S120 2.0 BLACK SPEAKER SYSTEM (£9)
Surge Protection
6 Socket Compact 2M UFO Surge Protector (£9)
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days
Quantity

Price: £1,234.00 including VAT and delivery.

Teaz

Godlike
its looking real good. should order it :)

not sure if you need the hdmi cable or not but the monitor comes coupled with a dvi cable and its just about the same quality as hdmi but has the extra audio pass through, since you have added in dedicated speakers, you should be fine without the hdmi unless you have plans for it :)

ace1

Silver Level Poster
ya im not sure myself on it so just did put it in. anything more i should check on this guys?

Fear

Prolific Poster
As Teaz already said if you are using seperate speakers you don't need the HDMI cable, if you have anymore to throw at your new rig then i would look at getting a GTX 580 if not it will be good as it is.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
i agree with fear, you could always remove the memory card reader to help squeeze in a 580

perhaps having 1x2TB drive would be cheaper as well

and maybe cheaper wired keyboard & mouse

ace1

Silver Level Poster
i agree with fear, you could always remove the memory card reader to help squeeze in a 580

perhaps having 1x2TB drive would be cheaper as well

and maybe cheaper wired keyboard & mouse

i want to have 2 drives so that i can copy anything i want saved to the green as a backup so if i ever need to redo windows i wont lose it all again..

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
fair enough i was just trying to think of ways to save money towards a 580 and perhaps a Z68 motherboard

Fear

Prolific Poster
i want to have 2 drives so that i can copy anything i want saved to the green as a backup so if i ever need to redo windows i wont lose it all again..

Always a good idea ;) I use my 1st drive for OS, games and programs and my second drive for music and pics and anything else.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
z68 boards have a lot more features and are generally a more futureproofed board, read the features of the board and youll understand

ace1

Silver Level Poster
ASUS® P8Z68-V looks not bad but it ups the price by 70 what takes me to 1300 dead on and i was trying to spent max of 1150 lol.. how much better is it over the other? for gaming that is

Fear

Prolific Poster
ASUS® P8Z68-V looks not bad but it ups the price by 70 what takes me to 1300 dead on and i was trying to spent max of 1150 lol.. how much better is it over the other? for gaming that is

The only real reason for yourself and the majority of PC users i could see in that board is for having the option of SLI with the nvidia GPU's if you do not want this then save yourself the £70 but if you are now thinking of this you would also have to get a higher PSU, the motherboard does have the option for a small SSD cache drive that works alongside your main HDD to speed it up but again that is more money which i would save and either spend on some games or save up for a SSD when they become cheaper and more reliable with better storage capacity.