For people looking for a buying advice/guide, here you go.

Raptor

Enthusiast
So, before making countless threads for advice on a machine, here's a little guide for PC building.

No bottlenecks and balanced builds.

http://www.logicalincrements.com/

guide.png

Obviously these are done by buying by yourself and constructing it together, so of course buying a pre-made the prices may change.
This guide should be used for knowing what approximately you should be looking to build in certain price ranges

Edit: The original website/information is NOT done by me.

Last edited:

Rakk

The Awesome
Though of course it does depend want you want your PC for that really determines what you should be getting in terms of CPU, RAM and GPU ie. there is not one chart that covers everything :)

Last edited:

Raptor

Enthusiast
Though of course it does depend want you want your PC for that really determines what you should be getting in terms of CPU, RAM and GPU ie. there is not one chart that covers everything :)

True but this is still better than blindly going into something, either way, it would be obvious if you don't intend on gaming, doing any video editing you'd be fine with integrated gpu..... If you're not doing any video editing/photo editing or any cpu intense program you wont need the top end cpu...

and if you plan on casually using the computer (Meaning: you do a little of everything but not to a intense level)... for gaming and other things, the grid given above is perfect.

and actually to the "No chart to cover everything" you can easily make one..

4 main genres :

Gaming. Video editing. Photo editing. Internet surfing.

4 different grids, the given grid is perfect for gaming and for video/photo editing to an extent depending at the price range

But if you need anything specific it's easy to move around it, after all this is just to give an idea.

Last edited:

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
It's a nice idea to have an all in one guide,but at the end of the day it's only one persons/source's opinion,and others might disagree with it ,for example you say ,"it would be obvious if you don't intend on gaming, doing any video editing you'd be fine with integrated gpu" I for one would disagree with that.There are quite a few experienced and knowledgeable members on these forums,some in specific categories,so well worth creating a thread (one would be enough) to seek advice. :)

Trev0rDan5

According to that chart, my new build falls into the "Exceptional" Build :D

Just 1 more 7970 away from being "Extremist".

All for less than £1,300. I can't wait till it gets delivered!