Frame drops on a 3060 rtx geforce

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I downloaded windows through a usb and entered the bios menu to boot it, then went to download all windows updates and Nvidia graphics drivers

AOC Gaming G2260VWQ6 thats the monitor i have its 75 hz​

Have you enabled Freesync on it? Would vastly improve the overall smoothness.

It's 75Hz, so no matter what the PC is pushing framrate wise, you'll only ever see 75FPS as a maximum. So it literally makes no difference to your experience if it's 1FPS or 1000FPS over 75FPS.

Hz is how many times the screen refreshes per second. FPS is how many frames it shows per second. The two are the same.

With freesync enabled, the GPU will synchronise with the monitor which reduces screen tearing.

TBH though, the screen is a huge bottleneck to the GPU, you'd be better off just enabling VSync.

barlew

Godlike
I downloaded windows through a usb and entered the bios menu to boot it, then went to download all windows updates and Nvidia graphics drivers

AOC Gaming G2260VWQ6 thats the monitor i have its 75 hzLimit your fps to 75hz.​

Limit your fps to 75hz.

barlew

Godlike
Have you enabled Freesync on it? Would vastly improve the over smoothness.

It's 75Hz, so no matter what the PC is pushing framrate wise, you'll only ever see 75FPS as a maximum. So it literally makes no difference to your experience if it's 1FPS or 1000FPS over 75FPS.

Hz is how many times the screen refreshes per second. FPS is how many frames it shows per second. The two are the same.

With freesync enabled, the GPU will synchronise with the monitor which reduces screen tearing.

TBH though, the screen is a huge bottleneck to the GPU, you'd be better off just enabling VSync.

Far more detailed than my response and beat me to it lol.

Strit

I dont think i have yet but will do now

Strit

1616953626404.png

my HDMI cable is connected to the gpu however I cant see the gsync tab

Strit

Mate you need to connect the monitor with a Display Port cable not HDMI.

*edit* then the g-sync tab should appear.
Question why would my monitor be an issue i play rocket league without any frame drops on high whilst only gaining frame drops on 2 games this can also correlate to ram and cpu

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Question why would my monitor be an issue i play rocket league without any frame drops on high whilst only gaining frame drops on 2 games this can also correlate to ram and cpu
Rocket lake is a very low level requirements game, it's entirely different to a FPS style game in how it renders graphics and textures.

barlew

Godlike
Its all about the holistic approach to troubleshooting. Right now we know your monitor and GPU are not set up correctly/optimally. We get that squared away, test for the fault, confirm its still present and then assess if its any better or worse and test and adjust from there.