Fraps

Sleinous

Author Level
No its if your net cuts out or something, it will auto-resume is what I mean. Still no good if u need to switch off comp.

Also you can upload larger max file sizes.

Al.Neri

Super Star
ok

so what general settings do you use, and what size file do you typically aim for as an end result?

I just did a test video about 15 minutes long, and it was clocked at about 340mb after being processed. the quality wasn't that great. I noticed a fair chunk of the overall size was taken up by sound. is there any way of lowering the sound settings a bit and then increasing the video quality at no real gain in file size?

Sleinous

Author Level
I think u can lower sound but ive never played with it yet.

I usually go for about 50% compression, 60 tops, size is no longer an issue for me though as I upload everything through that 8mb/s upstream connection :p

Al.Neri

Super Star
I tried that, but even saving at 640x480 it's still a bigger file size than using the other method which saves at a higher esolution.

Sleinous

Author Level
virtualdub.png

JSG10

Expert
I tried that, but even saving at 640x480 it's still a bigger file size than using the other method which saves at a higher esolution.

Really? How big is the original size you're converting and whats it coming out at? Even at 1080 I was getting very reasonable file sizes.