Free Metro 2033

Snowik

Bronze Level Poster
+Rep for sharing, thanks mate got a code now to use when I get home hope I can run it.

LiddleP

Bronze Level Poster
Is this a genuine offer and if so what's the catch ?

Signing up to Facebook and giving up your rights to privacy ?

steaky360

Nothing more than standard facebook. I think they get access to your page, you can switch it off though as its an app.

Snowik

Bronze Level Poster
You can like it, get the code and then unlike if you really want to. It's just a promo to get people interested in metro 2033 for the upcoming "expansion"

Rakk

The Awesome
Nothing more than standard facebook.
I think that may have been the point, you have to sign up to facebook in the first place :)
Personally I only signed upto facebook to enter some competitions, but I don't put anything personal on my page.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster

I think that's a little bit extreme... How private it is is completely up to you. I don't think Metro did it intentionally to make people sign up for facebook, I think most people are assumed to already have an account and it will give them an idea of how effective their advertising is through social media along with raising interest in the game ready for their new release.

LiddleP

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks for the info all.

Yup Grimezy, I'd go along with that, the likeliest scenario - I am just one of those not so FaceBookie kinda folk but I suppose if I could join up and post a lot of spurious info about myself for a freebie :D

... Nah :wacko:

... then again maybe I should do just that :D

Snowik

Bronze Level Poster
Just also a note Metro is a registered Steam game so you can redeem your code and download from there too, which is preferable of course if you're a Steam user. Wish I'd downloaded whilst at work today though.
1AWkM.png

By the way this ain't forever, the promotion is only for 10 more days so even if this a game you think you'll never play I advise you to get it, because it's a worthy gift for someone else or might clear a day of boredom in the future.

steaky360

Just also a note Metro is a registered Steam game so you can redeem your code and download from there too, which is preferable of course if you're a Steam user. Wish I'd downloaded whilst at work today though.

By the way this ain't forever, the promotion is only for 10 more days so even if this a game you think you'll never play I advise you to get it, because it's a worthy gift for someone else or might clear a day of boredom in the future.

It is sooooooo worth the wait!

Snowik

Bronze Level Poster
Started playing it earlier, lost track of time, it's half 1 only took a cigarette break. The game is amazing, bearing in mind i hate single player games and haven't completed any in the last like 6 years (I'm nearly 20). Only completed the Call of Duty series as far back as memory takes me, unless you include games like L4D where although you complete it easily it's technically not completed as I think in that game the achievements make completion. Runs amazingly for me far FAR better than I expected, get this game nao everyone.