Fresh install, drivers needed?

waynedance

Gold Level Poster
I need drivers/software for my finger print scanner and back lit keyboard.

When I run my finger over the scanner Truesuite opens and offers an option to get started but nothing happens.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
On the PCS home page log into your customer account,select "My Account" on the left hand side under "customer section" scroll down to "tech support" click on "Download" this should show a list of drivers for your system.

waynedance

Gold Level Poster
Need help again, had to do another fresh install but this time formatted the drive before installing Windows 8.

I have installed the hot keys software for the windows 7 as I can not see one for windows 8. The keyboard light up and I can switch it on & off and adjust brightness but can not bring up the menu for changing the colour.

Any ideas?

waynedance

Gold Level Poster
Your a star, going to keep all driver files in the cloud from now on.

Should I remove the old version first or just install the one you listed?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Your a star, going to keep all driver files in the cloud from now on.

Should I remove the old version first or just install the one you listed?

I'd fully remove the old one, and then reboot before installing the new. When you first run it after install, it'll ask you what configuration you have, make sure you deselect the mousepad otherwise it causes issues like keyboard not responding etc. If that happens you'll need to reinstall.

For future reference, drivers are from www.clevo.com.tw

go to the downloads section and your model is P170SM-A

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Last edited:

waynedance

Gold Level Poster
Ignore that got i to work, removed restarted system, ran ccleaner and deleted the hotkey folder that was left behind.