Game Loading problems

Ansab001

Bronze Level Poster
Hi Guys wonder if anyone can help,

When i try to load a game wether it be from the start, or from the saved game. My Game often doesn't respond and i need load it up again. This happens on all games. Not just shogun2 or portal 2, But on old games Like command and conquer generals, tycoon city. The games are saved on my velociraptor hard drive. Not on my main HD which i use for operating softare. The velociraptor is the 3rd Hard drive but all of them a connected to the 6g/bs slot. Can anyone help?

Tom DWC

Strange - having the games on a dedicated performance hard drive should boost read speeds if anything. Have you run any tests on the Velociraptor?

Once the game has loaded do you still experience issues or is it just during the loading phase that there are problems?

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Being clueless and all, I vaguely remember someone having a problem with their 2nd/3rd HDD not being "on" or "ready to go" all the time. Was a setting somewhere (power saving maybe?). Could it be your Velociraptor is set to something like that so when you run a game, it has to "wake up" first, and gets confused somehow?

Quickly correct that if thats completely wrong Tom :D

Tom DWC

I reckon you're spot on with that actually - it would make perfect sense. :)

Now you mention it I do recall a similar problem being resolved this way before.

+Rep for you. :D

Ansab001

Bronze Level Poster
it only happens during load, never happens on the solid state only on the other two anyone now how to stop them sleeping forever? on Windows 7 64bit ?

Tom DWC

If you head into the Windows 7 control panel and enter "Hardware and Sound" -> "Power Options" you'll be able to change the power plan settings. Then under advanced change the 'hard disk turn off' value to '0'. Once you apply that it should show as 'never' stopping the drive(s) from shutting down when idle.

Fear

Prolific Poster
Guessing you on windows 7 you want "Control panel/System and security/Power options/Edit plan settings" then click change advanced power settings option then in the other box extend drop down for hard drive turn off and change to never.

*Edit Tom already posted it above

Last edited: