Games that should be made into movies

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
what games do you think should be put into a movie someway or another here are a few id be interested in

Gears of War
Halo
Fallout
Driver (SF?)
A modern warfare game, whether its battlefield or COD
Nazi Zombies

Serendipity

Enthusiast
Haha I knew this was coming.

Halo for a start, one of the best video game stories ever.

Half-Life would be cool...

Mass Effect (are they making this into a movie? If so that would be cool.)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Gears sounds rather bandwagon...imo it would be rather crap...not sure how they could make it a film really :D

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
gears was never even that popular before the third and there was already one in the works for it, scheduled before gears 3 release

BirKy

Silver Level Poster
Was just about to say Final Fantasy then facepalmed.

Half Life, Fallout, Serious Sam for comedy value maybe?

A Tim Burton Themed Limbo would be pretty nifty :)

I would actually watch a WoW movie if they made one aswell.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
freedom fighters sounds a bit like homefront, just different people, speaking of which, homefront would be a good film

Dayve

I used to say Resident Evil should be made in to a movie. Then they did. Now I say it should be officially un-made, all copies destroyed, writers/directors "made to disappear", actors severely punished, and so forth.

Aside from that I guess Fallout would make a good movie. But lets face it, movies based on games and games based on movies never seem to be very good. Resident Evil was just abysmal, Tomb Raider was awful, DOOM was... well, it was DOOM. It's something I watched and then forgot ever existed.

Serendipity

Enthusiast
If you want a film like 'Fallout' I suggest 'Book Of Eli' it has Denzel Washington and Gary Oldman, fantastic film.

andbau

Halo, definitely Halo.
One of the best games I have played.
Halo: Combat Evolved was so fun to play, I enjoyed every part of it.
Halo 2 was also very good but the problem was that it was on Windows Vista and it was a pain to get it play on Windows XP.
Halo 3 have almost finished playing it on Xbox, as great as previous two, The Flood returned, I hate them they are more annoying than zombies but it is fun to kill them but not so fun when they are killing you.
Have yet to play halo reach but I am gonna buy the game after a while, watched the whole gameplay on youtube made by this guy tobuscus, I must say he is one very funny guy, it's fun to watch how he plays games and makes it in a comedy show and also his literal trailers.

I would be glad to pay lot of money to see Halo movies.I just hope it wouldn't be waste of money, you can never know how good or bad it is gonna be before it has been made and seen, especially if it is made after games, books, comics etc. But that's not always the case. Watched Doom, even if I had read doom novels, played doom games, I enjoyed it although it received bad ratings and reviews. I also enjoyed G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra- It has lots of bad reviews. Liked Resident Evil first two where great, third wasn't that bad, fourth could have been better if she hadn't lost her powers(Biohazard: Degeneration I also liked).You can't always rely on reviews as people tastes differ.

Sorry, if I went a lot off topic, if I start saying something I have problems to stop so I usually avoid saying anything.

Serendipity

Enthusiast
Totally agree on the Halo movies, story is so well written for a video game. I haven't read the books but apparently they are quite interesting too.
Was G.I Joe a video game? I thought they were originally Action-man like toys or something?

Personally it seemed like a movie I would of loved.... if I was 11, maybe I should show my little brother that sometime.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Yeh GI Joe were action figures that derived from the original Action Man (ish). They also had a film years ago, animated ofc, which was a lot better than Rise of Cobra (but maybe thats just because it didnt have Channing Tatum in...whoever he is :D )