Games that should be made into movies

Serendipity

Enthusiast
It was a shame because I can tell that film was made for the younger audience, full of clichés, cheesy acting and predictable storyline. A bit like Transformers in my mind.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
It was a shame because I can tell that film was made for the younger audience, full of clichés, cheesy acting and predictable storyline. A bit like Transformers in my mind.

lol I love transformers! think its ace, cant wait to see the 3rd one.

TudorVII

Enthusiast
Bioshock, Dead Space, Gears of War, hell even Portal!

The thing the production companies needs to be careful with is involving characters and events from the actual games. A lot of the games have huge back stories to explore, so why not use that? This is what makes me a bit worried that the proposed Mass Effect film will have Shepard in it.

Serendipity

Enthusiast
lol I love transformers! think its ace, cant wait to see the 3rd one.

It is a bit of guilty pleasure in my mind.. Haven't watched the third one, I might get all 3 films on Blu-Ray when it hits the shelves. Can't go wrong with explosions in HD!

This is what makes me a bit worried that the proposed Mass Effect film will have Shepard in it.

Didn't they have a real actor playing Shepard in the game anyway?

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I think its just more that we play Shepard in the games...so to extend that to a film would almost feel like being robbed of gameplay! :D

Mass Effect universe is huge so plenty of scope...perhaps involving some recognisable faces :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
It is a bit of guilty pleasure in my mind.. Haven't watched the third one, I might get all 3 films on Blu-Ray when it hits the shelves. Can't go wrong with explosions in HD!

I aint seen the 3rd one either, but heard its a bit over the top! But I like over the top. Shame megan fox is not in it.

MeveM

Bright Spark
Stop making movies out of games because it'll be made by a crap company, with a crap budget, with crap actors, turning out crap.

Stop making games out of movies that follow the same story line, whats the point of playing something you've just watched? And also stop showing the trailer to the said game during the trailer to the very movie you're about to watch.

Keep making movies out of books, like games are made from books, instead of having movies made from games which have been made from books turning out like a bad chinese whispers chain.

Leave good things as they are so they remain good and not soiled by rubbish fanboy producers.

MeveM

Bright Spark
Also most books are very subjective to each reader. Good authors lets you imagine each character and the world as you want it to be. I loved Lord of the Rings, but I read Gandalf to be a grumpy old selfish fart, not the kind genuine friendly house wizard he is in the movie. But I read it as a child, and my view on things were very different. Wish people came up with their own material.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Myst should blatently be turned into a story, theres already a book which I think is brilliant. Would have an awesome storyline, amazing scenery, they could do so much with subtle special effects too.

Serendipity

Enthusiast
It's amazing how many films are book adaptations actually... I was reading into loads of my movies and I think a lot of us would be surprised how many books have been made into films, even if its a book that barely anyone has read.

Edit: Speaking of Lord Of The Rings, it is one of the few, if not only example where the movie is better than the books. I think they were badly written, the story, however is amazing.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Edit: Speaking of Lord Of The Rings, it is one of the few, if not only example where the movie is better than the books. I think they were badly written, the story, however is amazing.

Blasphemer! Kill it with fire! :D

Will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you typed that either while asleep/drunk/under the influence of Peter Jackson :)

I love the films, but you can't say that about one of the greatest 6 book series of the modern era! Its just wrong! :D