Games to bring my 780 to it's knees (or at least give it a run for it's money)?

wowcraftify

Gold Level Poster
I'm really excited for my new pc I ordered yesterday, it just entered pre production earlier. I wanted to know what sort of games would really push my rig or at the very least stress it a bit. A simplified overview of my specs are as follows, i7 4770k (overclocked), 16gb kingston beast RAM & a single gtx 780. I use a single 1080p monitor which makes it even harder to find games that it'll struggle with. The only games that spring to mind are Crysis 3 & 64bit chess (I think chess could be pretty intensive on my cpu at least... If not then, derp). Any suggestions?

rickne

Master Poster
Ultimate Crysis 3 may give it some stick. Ultimate settings on Tomb Raider 3 also. Arma gives desktops jip at times let alone lap tops. In multiplayer im lucky to get 40 fps.

wowcraftify

Gold Level Poster
tbh I'm happy there aren't many games that can be thought of, means I've chosen the right gpu for what I want. Also has anyone actually tried chess? Quite curious to see if it's actually cpu intensive or not.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Metro, Sleeping Dogs, Tomb Raider, Far Cry 3.

Wouldn't necessarily bring it to it's knees but with full post-processing, anti-aliasing, shadows, etc then it should give it a good run for its money. I definitely recommend Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider, some of the detail in those games are just wow.

halox

Enthusiast
You could use Farcry 3 on maxed out settings. If you truly want to hurt it, use furmark. If you want to be a little more compassionate use Heaven benchmark 4.

Yamikotai

Expert
Also has anyone actually tried chess? Quite curious to see if it's actually cpu intensive or not.
Depending on the chess client you could have all the world's computers going for hundreds of years, calculating the ideal move per turn :D If you found a CUDA-based chess simulation you could quite easily bring a Titan to its knees.

adator

Enthusiast
The Witcher 2 with ubersampling turned on will run it heavy.

I was scrolling down waiting to see if anyone would put this, I played with this on and was wondering why I was getting like 20fps turned it off and get a solid 60.

wowcraftify

Gold Level Poster
thanks for all the replies, so much to try out, I don't want to burn it alive I just want to test it so I don't think I'll use furmark, I've got shogun 2 ready because it runs 20fps on my hd 4000 atm, going to buy in to arma 3, pre-order rome II (gotta love rts games) & will get far cry 3 when it arrives. I'll be sure to write a review on this forum at some point too. Also thanks for the informative chess post Yamikotai.

wolk

Crysis 3, Farcry 3, The witcher 2, metro 2013, Tomb raider 3, these may cause you some problems, and yeah street fighter.. only joking ;)