Gaming computer for

steaky360

Depends on the monitor, I'm not 100% sure about the 22" iiyama, I don't think it comes with a cable so you should get a dual-link DVI cable or HDMI (amazon or somewhere sell them for cheap!). If you check the inputs on the monitor it'll tell you what the monitor can accept (it should take a DVI and probably HDMI too). Other cables (like for the internals) will be supplied and I don't think there are any other cables you might require :)

EDIT:

I was wrong about what you get with the monitor, please see Vanthus' post below [Post #46].

Last edited:

Tadhg21

Bronze Level Poster
Perfect! Well I must thank ye gentlemen for ye're patience and amazing help. I have given Rep to ye all, really friendly forums. I should be placing my order today with PCS. Oh the excitement heh. Thanks again. :D

EDIT: The Collect and Return part of the Warranty does apply to the republic of Ireland just to confirm it for ye.

Last edited:

steaky360

EDIT: The Collect and Return part of the Warranty does apply to the republic of Ireland just to confirm it for ye.

That's really good to know. Thanks for telling us! Looking forward to some pics of the new beast when it arrives!

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Oke last newbie question and I promise i'll leave ye wonderful people alone heh

Do I need to get cables in the order or will they come with it? i.e for the monitor etc and what kind of cables would be best for gaming?
The IIYAMA E2273HDS I received from PCS included a DVI-D cable,D-Sub cable and an audio cable for connecting the monitor speakers to your sound card if needed,so no need really for an HDMI cable to carry the audio :)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
If it is a USB headset you won't benefit from a sound card. Try checking reviews online.

T

TheGeeza

I used to have that headset. They have a built in usb sound card meaning that it cannot be hooked up to a soundcard in your pc. If you wanted something that can hook up to a dedicated sound card then look at some stereo headphones. The 1500s sound quality is pretty good once you tweak the settings about. In my experience USB gaming headsets especially tend to suffer from terrible audio and gimmicks but the 1500s are decent considering the price. If you want to get some good sounds out of a headset though then you would really need to go down the separate headphone and mic route.