Gaming Monitor

DT87

Gold Level Poster
I currently have a BenQ as when i bought it i just wanted the lowest ms time for the money i had at the time.

Now i am going to a dual monitor set up i would like something with a bit more pop as the BenQ seems to be a huge sacrifice on picture quality blacks are almost grey ect.in return for supposedly MLG standard response times....

If you guys have any recommendation on a balance of good pic quality and response time that would be great cheers :)

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Any specific model you would recommend?I'm not all that familiar with IIYAMA.:)
Depends what size you want or have room for,I bought the 22" IIYAMA E2273HDS from PCS,they also have 24" and 27" models on offer.
You can check them out on the configurator.

T

TheGeeza

The E2473HS and E2273HDS are the ones I have used and they both look fantastic. The response times are pretty good too (2ms).
It does depend on your budget though and, as vanthus said, the amount of space you have.

DT87

Gold Level Poster
My current one is 24 inch so i'm gonna go for another 24 inch one me thinks also budget wise i'm a firm believer you get what you pay for so i'm willing to pay good money if the product is right.

T

TheGeeza

Doubt you could get one with a better picture than the iiyama for the same price unless you ordered a Korean or Chinese one off of ebay (Never do that)

DT87

Gold Level Poster
Doubt you could get one with a better picture than the iiyama for the same price unless you ordered a Korean or Chinese one off of ebay (Never do that)

Okay so i been looking the last hour or so into iiyama and i would say this 24" IIYAMA GB2488HSU-B1 would fit the bill BUT it's saying its 1ms at that price range i find it hard to trust ^^

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I bought one of the E2473HDS... Then I got a second one. Lets just say they are pretty damn good monitors! :D

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Okay so i been looking the last hour or so into iiyama and i would say this 24" IIYAMA GB2488HSU-B1 would fit the bill BUT it's saying its 1ms at that price range i find it hard to trust ^^

Response time isn't that much different providing its below 5ms at 1080p its normal. 1ms is just for extreme gamers that go overkill on reducing response times

DT87

Gold Level Poster
Response time isn't that much different providing its below 5ms at 1080p its normal. 1ms is just for extreme gamers that go overkill on reducing response times

I know exactly what ms is mate and what it's for but i paid upwards of 300 £ for a BenQ with similar response time ect.And if you look at in-depth reviews on most of these monitors including BenQ the ms is closer to 12 interms of input speeds.

DT87

Gold Level Poster
With the default settings we measured input lag at a respectable 20 ms, but with Direct Drive active to cut out all the monitor's image processing tricks, this can be pushed down to 10 ms. Then again, you'll have to wave goodbye to the Overdrive function. Still, this is a very responsive monitor that's quick enough to satisfy demanding gamers.

Copy paste from a pro review about this exact moni 20ms 10ms? nowhere near 1ms ..........

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
The response time measured in factories is grey-to-grey. Compared to colour-to-colour which they probably measure, I'd guess that would have an effect on it.

DT87

Gold Level Poster
The response time measured in factories is grey-to-grey. Compared to colour-to-colour which they probably measure, I'd guess that would have an effect on it.

I find for games like fifa with tackles ect ms to be quite important although both this monitor and my benq both say 1 ms there is infact like a 15 ms diff,witch i am kinda gutted about cause everyone raves about these monitors on here and on review sites :( pic quality i think it will be way ahead of the BenQ tho....

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
15ms is still almost impossible to notice a difference. It's 1/67 of a second that's still less than the difference between each frame at 60 fps.

DT87

Gold Level Poster
15ms is still almost impossible to notice a difference. It's 1/67 of a second that's still less than the difference between each frame at 60 fps.

I get what you mean 100% and what you are saying is 100% true but lets for argument sake im pinging to a server @ i dunno 80ms plus my monitor is say 20ms infact lets make it worse say i am playing on xbox and i am playing off host and i am pinging @ 80 plus 20 vs a guy who is playing on a crt with host there is a humongous advantage if the guy i am playing is on the same level to me........

For lans and offline play you are right you would notice no diff at all at 15ms.

I will probs go for that screen anyway as i need 2 and it seems a good deal.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
If you are looking at the Iiyama then the overdrive can always help, it has 6 different settings (off, -2, -1, 0, 1, 2) as seen below

downloadtahhhhhh.jpg

That helps response time a bit I guess. I've never noticed any input lag at any of the settings anyway and I play some pretty reactive games.

DT87

Gold Level Poster
Iiyama Yeah i think i will be mate like i said as much as i like crunching my ms numbers lol the pic quality on a 300+ screen i find quite shocking and my friend has one too so its not faulty (i got mine first) Like stated before there's no pop the blacks seem grey iv'e tried all the modes calibration ect...it just exchanges ms time for pic quality hence i am trying to find a balance.

Seems the iiyama might just be it.....also the prices are very fair...agreed? :)