Gaming music?

Jack Guinea

Bright Spark
Hi i was just wondering if anyone knows any good songs to listen to while gaming. These songs could be anything from rap,dance,rock etc. These songs should be songs that *pump your mood* or they can be songs that you just love to listen to while gaming.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
i usually get one chart song that i play over and over whilst gaming, i havent got one atm

i found an old favourite though, from nfsu2 - The doors ft snoop dogg - riders on the storm, the original is also pretty good considering the song is probably 3x as old

Gishank

Bright Spark
Rammstein is an insult to Germany and NDH / Industrial.

Personally I just play my very large Spotify playlist on random, which contains mainly NDH/Metal/Punk. :p

Dayve

I've honestly never understood why people listen to music rather than the game sounds... It's like turning the volume off on a movie and listening to music instead. Madness.

Rakk

The Awesome
Well, I like listening to music when playing most games I play (just like I like listening to music quietly at work), though I never tend to have it too loud, and theyre not games where I have to watch out for people sneaking up behind me.
I tend to go for rock and alternative rock to listen to, nothing that 'pumps my mood', more of just some background noise.

Serendipity

Enthusiast
Depends what I'm playing...

I love listening to songs when racing (in game sounds aren't important compared to FPS etc.) for example "Voodoo People" by The Prodigy is a good one... actually, a lot of Prodigy's songs are brilliant when racing. Chemical Brothers too.

NilSatis

Bright Spark
Im completely with Dayve on this one; game sounds all the way. If the game sounds arent good enough I find my mind wanders and I dont get sucked in. That game normally gets put to the side quickly. I love music; but these days I feel the immersion from most games soundtracks is good enough to warrant listening to their work. When im browsing on the net etc. I love to listen to a lot of different stuff; I listen to everything from hip-hop to indie; to electronic; to rock; so for me if the game absolutely didnt demand in game music it could be anything; depending on the game as Serendipity mentions. :)

MeveM

Bright Spark
Listen to the music when Mass Effect 1's credits start rolling.

Only game I have ever sat through the credits.

As for listening to music during gameplay being seen as wrong, well, depends on the game.

RPG's? No
FPS's? No
Racing games? Yes
and MMO's? Definitely. MMO's have a "grind" aspect to it that you don't always enjoy, but you enjoy the end of it, the outcome of it, so to listen to some good music during the somewhat tedious parts is great, and in MMO PvP as well. Only MMO i've never had music on is Age of Conan, best sound track ever, the music alone made me resubscribe a few months after unsubbing. I find myself throwing the AoC sound track on during other MMO's as well, it's like a angel talking to me!

Last edited:

LDUK

Master Poster
Well, I thought maybe this would be a good track to listen to. And the cool thing is, is that it is video game related. If you're an old Sonic fan and you liked that music, here is a cool remix of the boss themes from the Sonic games on the MegaDrive (Genisis)

[video=youtube;iVoEjzshv70]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVoEjzshv70[/video]