Intel core i7 quad core processor i7-3820 10 cache
Motherboard- asus p9x79 intel socket LG2011
Memory- 16GB Samsung quad DDR3
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
2x 1TB Hard disk
Corsair 850W
Super quiet 22dba triple copper heat pipe intel CPU cooler
Gigabit LAN & wireless 802.11n 300mbps pic-e card

I read somewhere the i7 was a bit pointless and the i5 could do the same thing but I don't want to need to upgrade for a few years. Would the power supply be enough?

And I think it's costing about £1400, is there anything with the same specs almost but cheaper?

Last edited:

Fear

Prolific Poster
Are you just gaming on this build as you could get a much more balanced gaming spec.

Fear

Prolific Poster
At just a bit over your £1400 budget you could get this which will keep you happy for 2-3 years maybe longer just depends how the tech goes.

Case
COOLERMASTER HAF 922 MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7-2600 Quad Core (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z77-V: PCI-E 3.0 READY, WIFI, SLI, CROSSFIREX
Memory (RAM)
8GB SAMSUNG DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)
Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 680 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1[SUP]st[/SUP] Hard Disk
750GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD7502AAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1[SUP]st[/SUP] DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£69)
Processor Cooling
SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE INTEL CPU COOLER (£19)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI-E CARD (£16)
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software
FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days
Quantity

Price: £1,418.00 including VAT and delivery.

Kmce

That does look good I may put an extra 8GB ram in it though. I've got another 2-3 weeks before I order (ordering just in time for Uni exams ending) so if you think or see anything else that could be added to it to make it any better or that please let me know be greatly appreciated.

Fear

Prolific Poster
Really what is above is an absolute gaming best there is not really much you can do without going into the hundred's of £'s to get an SSD but i don't see the point in them at present due to the high price for small space and a shorter lifespan, the 8GB's of ram in the spec will not get fully used for gaming so unless you are going to be doing lot's of HD video editing save yourself the money plus the ram is the easiest thing to add if you find you ever need to increase it as all you do is open the case and slot it in then boot the machine as nomal.

ellspeedy

Enthusiast
Im in the exact same situatin, waiting for uni exams to finish before ordering my gaming rig. Mines pretty much identical to the spec that Fear has drawn up for you Kmce. My build has two changes.

1: going for the GTX 570, for one im trying to stick to a £1200 budget (or as close to) and secondly while the 680 is a fair bit better than the 570, for now the 570 seems to be performing most(if not all) games at max with a good fps, so my thinking is get the 570 now and then 3 years down the line upgrade to a better one. Just my opinion though, as if your budget is £1400 you have room for it.

2: possibly going for an SSD. Fear you said that you would not recommend the SSD at this time due to high price per gb and shorter life span. Iv been toying with the SSD option for a while and cant seem to make my mind up. So in your personal opinion the SSD would be better off being installed at a later date?

Fear

Prolific Poster
2: possibly going for an SSD. Fear you said that you would not recommend the SSD at this time due to high price per gb and shorter life span. Iv been toying with the SSD option for a while and cant seem to make my mind up. So in your personal opinion the SSD would be better off being installed at a later date?

I am looking at this from a gamers point of view where if you buy a SSD you pay a high price for it and only get a faster boot up time (most people only boot the system once a day) and maybe fit 2-3 games on there depending what size you get of course so the rest of your games are not getting the slight loading speed boost so i just don't see the point myself but at the end of the day who ever is buying the system has to get what they want in their build.

Kmce

Im in the exact same situatin, waiting for uni exams to finish before ordering my gaming rig. Mines pretty much identical to the spec that Fear has drawn up for you Kmce. My build has two changes.

1: going for the GTX 570, for one im trying to stick to a £1200 budget (or as close to) and secondly while the 680 is a fair bit better than the 570, for now the 570 seems to be performing most(if not all) games at max with a good fps, so my thinking is get the 570 now and then 3 years down the line upgrade to a better one. Just my opinion though, as if your budget is £1400 you have room for it.

ive just made another post stating that i have to spend some of my computer fund on my car, so might have to copy your computer ;) apart from the ssd