Gaming pc- Need Advice please

Pc101

Hey guys and girls, im looking on buying a new pc, mainly for gaming. I would like to spend between £1200 to around £1500. I have been playing around with lots fo setups but im un sure whats is needed etc and what works best. I have a habit of buying things that i dont really need, so any advice would be great.

Case

COOLERMASTER CM STORM SNIPER - NEXT GEN GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)

Intel® Core™i7-2600 Quad Core (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard

ASUS® P8Z68-V PRO: USB 3.0, SATA 6GB/s, NVIDIA®SLI™, ATI®CrossFireX™
Memory (RAM)

8GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)
Graphics Card

3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready

Memory - 1st Hard Disk

1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive

12x BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£45)
Memory Card Reader

INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply

CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX750 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£86)
Processor Cooling

TITAN FENRIR EVO EXTREME HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£39)
Sound Card

Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Titanium (£59)

I have read a few posts about power supplys, the 750w i have chosen is suitable for this setup but if in the future i want to SLI etc do you think its best to just go for 1020w? or is this 3gb 580 going to last be awhile. Im only going to use 1 monitor and would like to run games such a BF3 on ultra high settings.

Any advice would be appreciated as im just a newbie pc builder , or if someone would like to post a new setup feel free. Thanks to whoever takes time to read this.

Petchi b

It's a good spec for gaming. I would drop the 3GB 580 down to the 1.5GB version as your are only using one monitor, there will be no difference in performance. And yes if you want to add another 580 in the future get a 1050W Corsair.

Unless you really prefer a sound card you could probably save yourself 60 quid as the HD on board audio is just as good. Real differences will only be noticeable if you spend £100-£150+ on a sound card.

Fear

Prolific Poster
As Petchi b has posted above that is a good spec but if your only using a single monitor drop to the 1.5GB version and the PSU if you are going to stay with a single GPU you can Drop to a 650W PSU that will still leave plenty of breathing space but if you want the option of adding a secong GTX580 then go for the 1050W, for the soundcard if you have a good ear for sound then you will find that card well worth the money but if you are not too fussed then the onboard will be ok for you.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
i think you will notice the difference with that sound card as it has optical on it, if it didnt i probably would have said dont bother

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Nice rig dude, Similar to mine, they only thing i would do, is add a 1050w corsair, then in a few years you can add a extra 580 when they are cheaper.

@wozza the motherboard does have a optical port on it, I didn't realise till I got my pc. So i'd skip on the soundcard and up the psu.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
just because it has optical doesnt mean its great, the sound card will definitely be better although the onboard is fine for most