GFX Card £100 MAX replacing GT240 - Any suggestions?

Frank

Bronze Level Poster
Hello all,

Its been a year since I bought my PCS Pc, and I thought i'd treat myself to an upgrade.

As the title suggests, i'm after a gaming card under 100pounds (i know its not alot in PC terms but its all i can afford) to replace my aging, but still quite useabable gt240 (1gb).

Can anyone make any suggestions?

I have a preference for Nvidia Cards 1gb and RAM min.

Games Im playing on it are Deus Ex 3, ARMA2 (all variations) and work wise PS an various 3d progs (MAX/XSI etc).

I've been happy with my cards performance in the work area (both 2 and 3d) and have found it adequate for gaming,

But as a year has passed and prices dropped I thought I could get a nice step up for less than a ton.

Lastly, and importantly does PCS stock it and can I buy it from them, as Im more than happy with my past dealings.

So any ideas suggestions (refurbished cards or not) would be warmly welcomed, im a bit lost with yet another of nvidia's naming convention changes.

Rgds and thanks in advance

Frank

(ps i did do a search but didnt find any threads that fulfilled my needs)

JSG10

Expert
If the GT240 is still doing the job for you then I'd stick with it for now and save up a little more until you can afford one of the GTX500 series.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
as you have bought from them previously you should be able to ring them up and arrange to buy a graphics card. Id ring customer services and they can let you know.

As for a card not really sure, you can get a GTX 550Ti just check by upgrading on the PCS configurator and came in at £90 i think, although this may just be because its part of a bundle, I have no idea what they would charge alone, but worth a check. Good card apparently.