Ghostwire Tokyo

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
the last collectable I found before I stopped playing before work was a "cursed videotape" an obvious nod to Ringu
Erm, I think you’ll find he’s called Pingu.

184712B0-9A97-4C57-B457-74893D397B46.jpeg

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I'll never listen to his little honk in quite the same way!
Innit!

Hearing that distinctive ‘noot noot’ as he wanders towards you and out of the screen….

The next day your family discover your corpse looking like this:

2DA0B6D8-8584-4EB0-825E-CDAA843A8582.jpeg

Finding themselves wondering what led to this awful event happening… and has Denz always been a Japanese teenage schoolgirl?

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Japanese games are known for being a little...off the wall shall we say. The Yakuza series is particularly well known for this. Ghostwire has a tiny amount of that too. Part of the game loop involves finding spirits who are having difficulty moving on, some of them will have become seperated from a loved one or something, but I've just had a situation I didn't think I would actuallly find in the game. A ghost refused to move on because he was stuck on the toilet without toilet paper. I expect that kind of silliness from Yakuza (it happens twice in the series that I can remember), but was pleasantly surprised when I realised it was happening here!

I'm 11 hours or so in and midway through the second chapter (I'm hoping to get all the collectables in one go, so I'm taking my time and making sure I get those before moving on!), and I am finding that the game is a little repetitive at this point. Purely as a game, I think the criticisms in some of the early reviews is very much justified. As a bit of a love letter to Japanese culture (particularly with the database entries I've mentioned previously), I think it's a really enjoyable experience and 11 hours in a week is basically me being glued to a game!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I was content to let this thread die as Ghostwire Tokyo is kind of old news now, but in my last post, I talked about the game being a love letter to Japanese culture, and the update that dropped today pretty much confirmed my suspicions of this. Alongside some performance fixes, there's also a Children's Day part to the update as follows:

Capture.JPG

This won't actually add anything to the game's experience, but I thought it was a cool little touch and was something I didn't know about Japan.

The game contains a lot of cats, so with the death of the family cat a couple of weeks back, I haven't been near the game. I'll be looking to get back into it this week and hopefully will have it completed soon.