Gigabyte X570 Gaming X listing issue

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
The configurator dropdown menu lists it as USB 3.2 Gen 2.

It doesn't. 3.2 Gen 1 only apparently?:

Also the pictures used here:

Are mismatched:
1.jpg
2.jpg

The picture of the mobo and box is the correct picture for that mobo. The rear I/O isn't. If you look closely you can even see the rear IO on the main product picture looks nothing like the picture of the rear IO

Probably worth fixing before
1) People buy it
2) after several months finally figure out what USB 3.2 Gen 2 even means, assuming the name hasn't been changed again
3) realise they don't have it :)

Last edited:

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Also the picture of the IO next to the ASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING seems to be wrong. Looks like it's just the picture for the X470.

Edit: ASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING IO pic is wrong too

And the IO picture for the Crosshair VIII is actually the one for the VII

In fact for the Crosshair, the picture of the actual motherboard is also still of the Crosshair VII rather than the VIII !

Too much copy pasta here I'm afraid. Or too little updating on the pics when the configurator got recycled.

Last edited:

Potatoguru

Bronze Level Poster
Ah this is the motherboard i just ordered on my build, will i see any issues with not having USB 3.2 gen 2?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
The higher bandwidth could be useful for VR gaming, or extremely fast external storage devices. It's been around a little while and there's still not much that uses it in the consumer sphere as far as I know. Maybe certain video cameras.

If it's a gaming PC you can probably live without it, though it's potentially a nice-to-have where having it doesn't bring the price up too much.

The (cheaper) X470 board actually has it, though obviously lacks PCIe 4.0. Type A only though I suppose there are adapters if type C is needed.