GPU Display Driver problem

CookieDunne

Ok here is whats been happening. Iv had a few problems with my display driver, when iv been playing a game or on Sony Vegas my display driver randomly stops working and I get a black screen for a few seconds before it recovers again. Its not major only happened a few times but can be annoying when im rendering and have to do it all again. If anyone knows what the problem is and how to fix it please let me know.

Thanks

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Have you tried a clean install of the graphics driver.
From your previous posts you have an AMD graphics card,to do a clean install of driver software,
Click on Start,
Open the Control Panel,
Select Programs and Features
Select ATI Catalyst Install Manager
Click on Change
Click on Next when prompted for the Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for ATI Catalyst Install Manager,
Select Express Uninstall All ATI Software
Follow the on-screen directions and restart the system when finished
To verify that the graphics driver has been uninstalled, return to the Uninstall or Change a Program list and ensure that there is no ATI specific software listed
If ATI specific software is still listed, remove any remaining ATI software components using the above process and restart the system when complete.
Download and install latest driver from here.
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Last edited:

CookieDunne

Have you tried a clean install of the graphics driver.
From your previous posts you have an AMD graphics card,to do a clean install of driver software,
Click on Start,
Open the Control Panel,
Select Programs and Features
Select ATI Catalyst Install Manager
Click on Change
Click on Next when prompted for the Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for ATI Catalyst Install Manager,
Select Express Uninstall All ATI Software
Follow the on-screen directions and restart the system when finished
To verify that the graphics driver has been uninstalled, return to the Uninstall or Change a Program list and ensure that there is no ATI specific software listed
If ATI specific software is still listed, remove any remaining ATI software components using the above process and restart the system when complete.
Download and install latest driver from here.
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

I havent got the ATI 1 i have AMD Catalyst should i still do the same ?

baron75mk2

Banned
is this GPU overclocked ? , the message "display driver has stopped working & has now recovered" is usually exhibited when the gpu is overclocked to much via software. , try to default the clocks if it is overclocked.