GPU Upgrade

Jordyshaw

Bronze Level Poster
Hey guys not posted on PCS or been on the forums for sometime now, hope the community is doing well! Big thanks again to PCS, my first anniversary for my PC was a few days ago, no hiccups, works perfect so satisfied! So thanks again guys. Anyway so it's been a year and I am still running the Palit GTX 670 and wanting to upgrade, been doing some research but was wondering what you guys think a fair price for a used 670 is these days? Also the upgrade, I am currently looking at the 770? My budget is £350 Max? I know when I ordered my PC the 670 was the best budget/performing card for its price so... I am still wondering would it would be worth it to upgrade (PC is SLi enabled)

Thanks again!

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
It is probably cheaper to get a 2nd gtx 670. I don't think it is worth it to go from a gtx 670 to a gtx 770.

Jordyshaw

Bronze Level Poster
It is probably cheaper to get a 2nd gtx 670. I don't think it is worth it to go from a gtx 670 to a gtx 770.

Hey Keynes. Yeah I was just looking, seems like a good option would to be get another 670. Would it perform or be close to a 780?

bigben

Master Poster
SLI GTX 670 is better than GTX 780
edit: after a bit of research SLI GTX 670 should be roughly level with GTX 780ti.

Last edited:

Jordyshaw

Bronze Level Poster
Alot of other forums are saying the same thing. Think that option will be my best bet. Thanks for your help guys :)

Jordyshaw

Bronze Level Poster
Awesome, thats good to hear. :D Seeming the 670 comes in from different companies will I need another Palit 670? Does it need to be exactly identical..

bigben

Master Poster
I don't think they have to be identical but it is preferable.
If you have 2 different brands then they will both work the same as the slowest gpu

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I agree with bigben and keynes, second 670 all would be a better idea.

you might be able to find some brand new palit 670's on ebay for a good price.