Graphics card and delivery question

calduf

Silver Level Poster
Hi, I know I've done this before but I've managed to get some more money, and want to know by how much a card is better than another, so it's between the gt 430 and the gt440 from what I an tell on the nvidia website, the gt440 is a lot better, so I want to know if anyone has any hands on experience with either card and could write a short review of 1 or both? :) I will be using It for everyday use on windows 7 and for light, midranged and a very little bit of heavy gaming!
as for my other question, it is about the installation. From what I Can tell, windows already comes installed and ready to go, but what about other things such as graphics card drivers and other installations, do these come pre-installed or does it have to be done manually?? Also if it is already installed (or if installation/driver disks to be done by me) are they up to date or will I need to visit the website of the corresponding item to get most recent drivers etc. Thanks guys, Calum ;) !

calduf

Silver Level Poster
Ohh, and another question, does anyone have any recommendations on a free screen recorder fpr making videos, thanks :)

Corfate

Author Level
Hi, I know I've done this before but I've managed to get some more money, and want to know by how much a card is better than another, so it's between the gt 430 and the gt440 from what I an tell on the nvidia website, the gt440 is a lot better, so I want to know if anyone has any hands on experience with either card and could write a short review of 1 or both? :) I will be using It for everyday use on windows 7 and for light, midranged and a very little bit of heavy gaming!
as for my other question, it is about the installation. From what I Can tell, windows already comes installed and ready to go, but what about other things such as graphics card drivers and other installations, do these come pre-installed or does it have to be done manually?? Also if it is already installed (or if installation/driver disks to be done by me) are they up to date or will I need to visit the website of the corresponding item to get most recent drivers etc. Thanks guys, Calum ;) !

Im not sure about the Graphics cards, i'll let somebody with more knowledge help you with that. In regards to the drivers etc, the drivers will be up to date when you recieve your pc, but it never hurts to do a windows update to check. (You'll probably have like 50 windows updates to install first time you shut down, i did). You will also have the drivers in your welcome pack in case your computer crashes and you need them to install the relevant drivers.

If you order a system with windows 7 on it, all you need to do upon boot-up is enter the product key which will be on the back on your PC.

Hope this clears up some things about drivers etc :)

Edit; I don't record my screen, but from what i've heard, Fraps seems to be the one most people use :) http://www.fraps.com/download.php

calduf

Silver Level Poster
Hey, thanks for that on the drivers, and about fraps, thanks for that too, but I can't et that as it's like 30 odd pounds, and I'd prefer a free one, but thanks for the idea anyway :)

calduf

Silver Level Poster
Don't know what that video was all about, but as for corfate's reply, yea that should be fine, thanks for your help :) now I just need to wait for a reply on the graphics card...

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I think any links to illegal activity will be removed once a Mod wakes up from their afternoon siesta :)

calduf

Silver Level Poster
Yea, Its the same as the people who jailbreak stuff, I'd rather pay 59pence to iTunes than steal it :/. Thanks corfate, I hope so too lol!