Graphics card/driver/dvd drive problem

lotmein

I recently got my new pc, but am unable to install the Nvidia drivers both through download (Incompatible hardware/operating system) and through driver disc (dvd drive drivers not letting me install them, dvd drive not being recognised).

Can anyone help? I'm using a gtx 560 ti and windows 7 64bit. The drivers were also 64bit

Last edited:

Fear

Prolific Poster
Try this out first do a fresh download of your drivers from here make sure you save them to a new folder on your desktop (just to make it quick to find) then close your web browser without running the install, next type msconfig into the search box from the start menu and hit enter and from the box that pops up select the second tab that says Boot and check the box for safe mode then select apply and ok and restart your PC, once your restated in safe mode run the driver installer from the folder you saved it to and make sure you choose advanced and then check the box for clean install, after the install is complete you need to go back to the msconfig and uncheck safe mode from the boot tab apply and ok it and restart the PC again.

(when you boot into safe mode make sure your antivirus is off before you start the installer just to eliminate it)

AshleyUK

Bronze Level Poster
Currently what Graphics card is your screen attached to?
Have you made sure the External Nivida Graphics card is seated correctly in the motherboard and the PCI-E power connectors are fully seated

Does the Device Mananger show a Graphcis card with a Yellow ! needing drivers installed?

lotmein

Currently what Graphics card is your screen attached to?
Have you made sure the External Nivida Graphics card is seated correctly in the motherboard and the PCI-E power connectors are fully seated

Does the Device Mananger show a Graphcis card with a Yellow ! needing drivers installed?

Gtx 560 ti.

It isn't showing up in the device manager at all. It only shows my intergrated card. I'm not sure how to tell if it's seated correctly.

Also, my dvd drive doesn't show up in bios or on the list of drives.

Last edited:

AshleyUK

Bronze Level Poster
Sounds like either a faulty card or its not seated, and if it's PCI-E it should be fully seated and back clipped past a little clip, also does it have the power adapter's at the back connected, should be 2 x 6 PIN.

lotmein

It looks to be clipped in fine. It has two 6 pin power adapters at the front.

It's screwed in, clipped in (seems to be, at least) and has two 6 pin cables leading from the card to the psu connected.

PokerFace

Banned
The card may not be seated fully as was suggested in an earlier post. Turn off pc, remove the side panel. Earth yourself by touching a metal part of the case (to prevent any static electricity damaging anything) and give the card a firm push towards the motherboard. Remove any connections to the card (probably 2 small 6-pin connection at the end of the card) and reconnect them, just to make sure they are fully connected.

Ideally, it would be better to remove the card fully and reinstall it, to make sure it is fully seated (when you install it into the motherboard the clips on the end of the motherboard connection click into place to secure the card).

If you are not confident doing any of the above, better to ring PCS and they will help you.