Graphics Cards - Dual / Triple Monitor Setups

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Regarding the size of the desk? That depends on the size of the monitors and how you wish to locate them, I think that the type and size of desks depends on how much room you have available and how many monitors you wish to place. Best thing to do is measure it yourself.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
What Keynes said,

my two screens (24's) are about 1200mm wide, so you will struggle, to get a case and a three screens on a desk, unless it is MASSIVE.

Rakk

The Awesome
What Keynes said,

my two screens (24's) are about 1200mm wide, so you will struggle, to get a case and a three screens on a desk, unless it is MASSIVE.

Agree, I've got a desk that's 140cm wide, and although it quite nicely fits 2 screens (one 24", one 22") with some extra space, it would not fit 3 - and I've got my PC on a set of drawers next to the desk so it isn't taking up space either.

I reckon my desk at work (about 160cm) could fit 3 monitors (without the PC case) but I haven't tried and it would probably involve putting the two outer screens at an angle rather than straight on.

But yes, you need to find out how much space you actually have for your desk before deciding on anything - I was thinking about getting a bigger desk than 140 but then I measured stuff up and well, that sorted that out, more than 140 just wouldn't work :)

Last edited:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
You could try a triple monitor mount, ( i use a dual version )

But you still wont fit it 3 screens and the case on a desk.

monstand.jpg

Wolvo7

Bright Spark
Best thing is for you to go on the manufacturer's website, get the width of the screens you need, get the width of your case, estimate how much extra space you want and you'll have the desk space you need.

Wolvo7

Bright Spark
Last edited:

Wolvo7

Bright Spark
Kinda ^^ I edited my post, PCS do stock the 2473hs. IT's basically the same as the hds, the only difference I could find from iiyama's website is that the hds has 24-80 Khz horiz sync and 55-75 vertical compared to 24-82 and 55-76 for the hs.