Graphics Issue on several games (not all)

Caravan Club

07fcb66edf738d9d6600f32d6bdda05c.png

https://gyazo.com/07fcb66edf738d9d6600f32d6bdda05c

Caravan Club

Sorry, could you link a guide to how to completely wipe everything? I have downloaded what was recommended to a USB stick and also save my documents to another USB.

I can see options to reset, or restore to default but nothing that will completely wipe Windows 10.

Thanks!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Sorry, could you link a guide to how to completely wipe everything? I have downloaded what was recommended to a USB stick and also save my documents to another USB.

I can see options to reset, or restore to default but nothing that will completely wipe Windows 10.

Thanks!
You have to follow the guide already posted.

You’re not booting from the usb, you’re launching it from within windows which won’t help. It’s all outlined step by step above.

barlew

Godlike
Right ill take a stab.
What PCIe slot is the GPU plugged in? Is it the top one?
Have you got a spare PCIe slot on your MOBO?
If you do bang the GPU in the spare PCIe and see if it makes a difference.

barlew

Godlike
Thanks everyone.

Hi Barlew, I have tried this already :(

Hmmm this is a puzzling one. If you hadn't said you had replaced the GPU already I would be pointing at that after everything you have already tried.

You replaced the PSU what is the wattage of the new one?

Caravan Club

Please keep clutching!

So I have currently have my DisplayPort going from the GPU to my main screen and I have an HDMI going from the GPU to the 2nd screen.

However, I have tried only running one screen with both cables - same issue. I have dragged the game over to the 2nd screen - same issue.

Caravan Club

So The Witcher 3 runs fine and NBA2K20 did until recently (now stuttering).

As per the vids, FIFA and GTA are unplayable. MW is bearable.

barlew

Godlike
@Caravan Club right two questions.

1. Have you overclocked either the CPU or GPU or both?

2. Have you got MSI afterburner installed and do you know how to use it to have an on screen display of your CPU and GPU temps?

*edit* Also you said all these games worked fine on ultra at some point. When you replaced the GPU did the games work fine for a bit then the fault came back or straight away you had the same problem?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
That seems like a broken GPU to me. It's a sign of heat stress but there would be no way of knowing for sure. Overclocking and pushing too far would be the most obvious cause.