GTA V On My Laptop.

amoshi

Gold Level Poster
Well I bought it. And it's running really well. High settings and 1080p. What's the deal with mods then? I want to install some, but will they adversely affect the performance of the game? GTA IV mods seem to really slow down my game. And will I get banned for using them?

I finally installed mods a few days ago, and I'm not going back! Police is much more fun thanks to Crime and Police Rebalance & Enhancement, the map view is better because of Satellite View Map and shootouts are better due to More pedestrians and traffic. There are many more, I personally can't wait for the new release of LCPD:FR, it was awesome in GTA IV.
Regarding bans, if you use mods online you might get banned, offline is safe. A very popular tool is GTAV Mod Manager which automatically sets everything to offline mode and basically safeguards you.
I'd recommending finishing the game first then using mods, there are apparently a few odd occasions where some of them interfere with missions.

Alan16ac

Gold Level Poster
Well it seems to be running really well. Very impressed. The graphics and finer details are definitely much better than the Xbox One and much much better than the 360.
Down to the bits of rubbish on the street, it all looks great. I seem to get 45-55FPS most of the time at 1080p with everything on high. And even when there's lots of traffic and things, it only drops to 30FPS. Really happy with this laptop, as it's only recently I've used it to its full potential.
Graphics cars has been up to 87 degrees at one point which is the highest I've seen, and CPU at about 85 max.