Gtx 780 sli crisis!

steaky360

I'd agree with Keynes and suggest giving PCS a call tomorrow to discuss the matter with them, perhaps direct them to this thread and suggest the CPU, they could run through the steps to remove the overclock with you. They'd also tell you how to put it back should that not be the issue.

DeadlyDisease

I don't think it's the overclocked CPU either, because i can run all the other games perfectly maxed out. Maybe it's something to do with Battlefield.
Bsrz, what drivers are you using and is your CPU overclocked?

EDIT: This is now happening in Arma 3

Last edited:

edwjac

Bronze Level Poster
To be quite honest running BF3 on Ultra with 780gtx SLi I have no idea how your running at 50c on both cards, maybe check your gpu temps again cause that does sound like a gpu overheat.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
To be quite honest running BF3 on Ultra with 780gtx SLi I have no idea how your running at 50c on both cards, maybe check your gpu temps again cause that does sound like a gpu overheat.

50 degrees is no overheat, the gpu can stand temps over 90 degrees. 50 sounds pretty good to me when gaming.

steaky360

I agree with Keynes, modern GPU's are capable of operating of temperatures higher than that without issue.

DeadlyDisease

No, that was what Bsrz was using. I've also used the 326.41 beta drivers. Still no luck.
If i download the drivers, they should automatically install on both of them, correct?

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
No, that was what Bsrz was using. I've also used the 326.41 beta drivers. Still no luck.
If i download the drivers, they should automatically install on both of them, correct?
The one driver will do both graphics cards,when installing driver you should have an option to do a clean install, you may need to select something like custom or advanced and check the box for clean install.

Bsrz

Rising Star
I use GeForce experience to update my drivers and it works like a charm - so give that a try.

DeadlyDisease

Same, it was pre-installed when i started it up for the first time. I used their "optimized setting" option. Anyways, i didn't do the clean install thing. So, i'll give that a try.
I appreciate the help guys!

DeadlyDisease

Sorry for spamming but it's the only way to bump this thread.
--------------------------------------------------------------
After checking my computer, I'd seem to notice that my second 780 had a red light on.
Is this something i should be suprised about?

Numpty

Having a similar problem, straight out of the box I have tried to run 3DMark an furmark and both either locked up or blue screened...
Nothing tweaked or messed with so all standard clocks for the cards.

Drivers are 320.49,
Furmark ran the burn in test for a few minutes and GPU 1 hit 90 degress and GPU 2 hit 70 degrees..
Seems quite high for standard clocks, any ideas from the gurus ?

Sys Spec, 3 hours old and a pain in the butt...

Case CORSAIR GRAPHITE SERIES™ 600T WHITE MID-TOWER CASE
Overclocked CPU Intel® Core™i7-4770k Quad Core (3.50GHz @ max 4.40GHz)
Motherboard ASUS® MAXIMUS VI HERO: PCI-e 3.0, SATA 3.0, USB3.0
Memory (RAM) 32GB KINGSTON HYPERX BEAST DUAL-DDR3 2400MHz X.M.P (4 x 8GB KIT)
Graphics Card 3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 780 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card 3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 780 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
1st Hard Disk 240GB INTEL® 520 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk 2TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD2002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply CORSAIR 1050W PRO SERIES™ HX1050-80 PLUS® GOLD MODULAR
Processor Cooling Corsair H100i Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network DUAL-BAND WIRELESS 802.11N 450Mbps PCI-E CARD
Operating System Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence
DVD Recovery Media Windows 7 (64-bit) Professional DVD with paper sleeve
Keyboard ROCCAT™ Isku FX – Illuminated Gaming Keyboard
Mouse ROCCAT™ Kone XTD – Max Customization Gaming Mouse

Any help or guidance much appreciated as right now I have a 3K fan heater !!

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I wouldn't advice you running furmark, if you pushing your GPU I would expect the temps to be high especially if you are not also pushing the fans to full speed. The blue screen could be linked to the overclocked cpu.

steaky360

GPU's perhaps contrary to popular belief are not designed to run @ 100% all of the time. I believe this is why furmark can damage GPU's (and has done in the past - the manufacturers may have solved that, or at least mitigated it now but I'm not sure).

I'd suggest this is why you are getting such high temps through the tests. Although it is unusual for 3D mark to bluescreen I'd say as it doesn't typically make the CPU too hot. Could you post the error numbers?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I wouldn't advice you running furmark, if you pushing your GPU I would expect the temps to be high especially if you are not also pushing the fans to full speed. The blue screen could be linked to the overclocked cpu.

Rep, I was going to say the exact same thing!