GTX980 (not M) in a laptop? When and how much? :D

Yes P775dm and P770Dm (Octane), are really alike, but i was referring to P870dm ^^, that is very different in external appearance and thick and heavy.
I find the P775dm the most balanced machine of the lot i suppose, but it is a pity that goes on sale even later than P870dm...

joanev

They will only be available in 17.3" and will be MXM modules - so not soldered down. However, it is very unlikely that you will be able to upgrade the MXM cards to a future generation because the chassis BIOS will not accept this.

They will be G-SYNC.

I agree, but I have heard there is a guy who updates and modifies Clevo BIOS to support GPU and CPU upgrades, though it is risky and can void warranties I believe.

Nevertheless I am hoping for these models and I hope you stock them soon :)

msar

Hello PCS and fellows

I was wondering what happens with the P775DM?
Are you going to sell it, along with the P870Dm aka The Beast ^^?
Im very interested in this model with a slighty downgraded 980 inside (180w version isn't it?)

I was trying to configure an Octane laptop with a GTX980M and blu-ray writer, but that combination doesn't seem possible.

Beaker920

The new "Vortex Elite V" will be landing in early November. :)

You will be able to choose the following:

2 x 6GB GTX-970M SLI
1 x 8GB GTX-980 DESKTOP
2 x 8GB GTX-980M SLI

GTX 980 desktop is 35% faster than GTX 980M but 5% slower than an actual GTX 980 desktop GPU.

So if GTX 980M was 100 then GTX 980 is 135 and SLI GTX 980M is around 190 - 200.

Do you know if the vortex elite v will have the 180w gtx 980 or the 200w version?

Thanks

Ian

gunsch

Bronze Level Poster
The new "Vortex Elite V" will be landing in early November. :)

You will be able to choose the following:

2 x 6GB GTX-970M SLI
1 x 8GB GTX-980 DESKTOP
2 x 8GB GTX-980M SLI

GTX 980 desktop is 35% faster than GTX 980M but 5% slower than an actual GTX 980 desktop GPU.

So if GTX 980M was 100 then GTX 980 is 135 and SLI GTX 980M is around 190 - 200.

Sorry for digging out such an old post, but is it still planned for the Vortex V Elite to have a gtx 980 desktop option?
Right now the octane II pro is the only one featuring it as the Vortex only supports sli setups and i would love to have the Vortex V with a 980, for the better looking chassis (imo) and the most likely better cooling solution

reiro

Sorry for digging out such an old post, but is it still planned for the Vortex V Elite to have a gtx 980 desktop option?
Right now the octane II pro is the only one featuring it as the Vortex only supports sli setups and i would love to have the Vortex V with a 980, for the better looking chassis (imo) and the most likely better cooling solution

Same here, I d like the Vortex Elite with the 980. I heard though that PCS isn't planning this.

Last edited by a moderator: