Hard drive problem

Tez77

Enthusiast
Hi got my pc sometime ago around 2 years ago my second drive runs fine but when i ran CrystalDiskInfo it came up with a caution
yellow tab that says Reallocated Sector Count current 100 worst 100 threshold 36 000000000180 the temp is 27c like i say runs fine but there is a few things on it am i about to lose my info is there a way to fix this any help be great

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi got my pc sometime ago around 2 years ago my second drive runs fine but when i ran CrystalDiskInfo it came up with a caution
yellow tab that says Reallocated Sector Count current 100 worst 100 threshold 36 000000000180 the temp is 27c like i say runs fine but there is a few things on it am i about to lose my info is there a way to fix this any help be great

Worth running a chkdisk on it. Go to the properties of the drive in windows explorer and under tools, run the error check. If there are bad sectors then the disk may be on the way out.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
If you have important data on the drive I would back it up now just to be on the safe side.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I would absolutely be backing up my files, regardless.

I would agree. Reallocation means that it's found bad sectors and reallocated the files to a new working portion. That's a good thing and means you'll carry on working as normal, but those old sectors aren't recoverable. The danger lies if the bad sector count keeps rising, if that's the case, you'll lose the drive fairly shortly. But, it could be that it's just that portion that's failed and the rest of the disc will be perfectly healthy. Keep monitoring it and backing up to be safe.