Having the operating system sent separately and not having it installed on the PC

Tiger Feet

Silver Level Poster
If I order a laptop and I choose a Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit operating system including DVD and license, can I ask for the laptop to be sent without the operating system installed? Can I have the operating system sent as a separate item so that I can put it on myself from the very start?

I will probably be going for two drives. One will be a SSD and one will be for the secondary storage drive. I can then decide if I want to put the Windows 7 operating system on at my leisure or get the special offer for Windows 8 and put that on myself.

Cheers

keynes

Multiverse Poster
If I order a laptop and I choose a Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit operating system including DVD and license, can I ask for the laptop to be sent without the operating system installed? Can I have the operating system sent as a separate item so that I can put it on myself from the very start?
PCS installs the OS to test your laptop. If you order Windows 7 you will receive a CD but I am not sure if they could ship it without any OS, you may want to email them for an official response.

Rakk

The Awesome
Win7 will always be installed on the first drive whether you order it with Win7 or not, it is used for testing purposes, however it will not be an activated version.
PCS always supply the Win7 disc if you order with it, so you can just reformat and install Win7 on whichever HDD you wish it to be on.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Not sure how that would help any,far as I know the Windows8 special offer is an upgrade,so you would need Windows7 installed anyway.In any case it's very easy to do a clean install.