HDD Question

MrRaich

Silver Level Poster
So, I'm getting a 750GB WD HDD with my new computer and I'm wondering weather it's worth putting in my HDD form my old computer. It's only 80GB, but would it be usefull? I could store games on it.. Maybe some movies. Would it help take some of the wait of my 750GB WD?

Thanks in advance.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
It would be ok for storing data files like films (not a lot) photos & music.
I would forget about putting games,or any other apps on it(more trouble than its worth)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Some extra storage and may I suggest a backup of your main drive that is one of the things I'll be using my old drive for

Rakk

The Awesome
Some extra storage and may I suggest a backup of your main drive that is one of the things I'll be using my old drive for
Given that his old drive is only 80GB in size though, it won't be much of a backup :)
But yeah, it could be used for a little extra storage space

stegor

Bright Spark
I'd wizz it (environmentally friendly, of course ;0). It's obviously old and might conk out at any moment, which would be a pain if you were using it as a backup.

MrRaich

Silver Level Poster
Thanks to all of you.. I think I'll just wizz it.. Don't wanna' loss my games or what not!

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I'm sure backups were only small? Not over 80gb. If you create a proper backup and not just copy the files it will be a lot smaller

Teaz

Godlike
Depends how old the hdd is. If its really old and uses and IDE cable and not todays sata cables then MrRaich needs to get hold of a ide to sata convertor like this one to hook it up:

SATA_to_ATA_IDE_Converter_Adapter_%281%29.jpg