Headphones query?

mattdanielc

Silver Level Poster
Hello

I have the ASUS® M4A78LT-M motherboard / on board sound

I will be buying a new monitor soon - which will have in built sound (due to it being a TV too) - but I was thinking about buying some decent surround sound headphones too.

I've found 2 on amazon here and here but I just wanted to check...will they definitely work on my PC? The first link is a USB headphones - so I am presuming they will work fine and they somehow manipulate the sound to surround sound - but would the second link work when I don't have a decent sound card?

Cheers :)

bg92

Expert
I actually have roccat kave headphones. They are great for me, but there is only one drawback, they are a bit heavy so when playing games for a long time they might hurt your head a bit. And for them to work your onboard sound card has to support 5.1, I think it does, my brother has got the creative ones, they are good for gaming as well. If you want to buy something cheap but good buy the creative ones, but if you got the money to buy the roccat ones buy these, Btw only follow this advice if you want these especially for gaming becuase there are better headsets out there for music for similar prices. but these usaully dont have a mic.

Meds

Hey,

I can confirm that the onboard audio on the M4A78LT-M Motherboard does support 5.1 audio so the roccat kave headset will work fine. One thing to note though is that you will need to plug this headset into the back of the PC as the front audio panel only has stereo out put (2.0/2.1).

The creative headset just plugs straight into the USB port (front or back) as expected - no problems there.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Yes that mobo has Sound Output Mode:5.1 channel surround.
oops,too late.

Last edited: