Help meeeeeee!!!!

jackguinea

Hi there

I received my pc a while ago but most of the games i bought had to be downloaded from the internet but for me that was a little hard due to the fact my download speed was 0.01 mb/s but recently my speed has been improved to 6mb/s. i finally downloaded my games but was unable to play them due to major lagg, i thought it might be because my first hard drive was nearly full. I tried to move all my games over but as I did I had to delete the original file in the hard drive so when I did so all my games corrupted and i ended up with none of them left. i uninstalled any programs that didn't need to be in that hard drive and tried re downloading them to my other hard drive but the only problem with this is that when i went onto the internet and clicked to download them they automatically went into the first hard drive again and i also uninstalled steam and redownloaded it so that any games i download using steam go straight to my 2nd hard drive but when i then went on to download a game it went straight to my first hard drive. can someone tell me how to do it so my games go to my second hard drive or if there is a way of moving things over but so that they don't corrupt and also how to download from the internet but so it goes into my second hard drive. Any help will be really appreciated.

Oh and my pc specs are:
Case COOLERMASTER HAF-X FULL TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7-2700k Quad Core (3.50GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard ASUS® P8Z68-V PRO: USB 3.0, SATA 6GB/s, NVIDIA®SLI™, ATI®CrossFireX™
Memory (RAM) 8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card 3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card 3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
3rd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 120GB INTEL® 510 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 450MB/sR | 210MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk 1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
RAID NONE
SSD CACHE DRIVE NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 4x BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ROM (£38)
Memory Card Reader NONE
Power Supply CORSAIR 1050W PRO SERIES™ HX1050-80 PLUS® SILVER MODULAR (£162)
Processor Cooling TITAN FENRIR EVO EXTREME HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£39)
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities Bigfoot Killer 2100 PCI-E Gigabit LAN Card - Max Gaming (£59)
USB Options 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Modem NONE, I WILL BE USING BROADBAND
Floppy Disk Drive NONE
Firewire & Video Editing NONE
TV Card NONE
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Anti-Virus BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Monitor IIYAMA E2273HDS 22" LED WIDESCREEN, HDMI/DVI-D 1920x1080 (£139)
2nd Monitor IIYAMA E2273HDS 22" LED WIDESCREEN, HDMI/DVI-D 1920x1080 (£139)
3rd Monitor IIYAMA E2273HDS 22" LED WIDESCREEN, HDMI/DVI-D 1920x1080 (£139)

Last edited:

jackguinea

So were my games lagging because i took up most of the space on my first hard drive that also contained my operating system?

ShadowBlaze

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah im guessing so, if the problem still occurs after you put all the files on the 2nd hard drive, try updating your drivers for your hardware such as your graphics card etc.

Last edited:

Fear

Prolific Poster
Depends could be if you filled it up and it has nowhere to write to or were you playing online as this could be your internet connection or server lag.

Last edited:

Ash

So were my games lagging because i took up most of the space on my first hard drive that also contained my operating system?
Unless you have filled your SSD then I doubt it was your hard drive that was slowing it down.

You can check how much space you have left my going into Computer. There should be a bar underneath the SSD saying how much has been used and how much is free.

jackguinea

Basically what caused my games to lag was my first hard drive that contained my operating system was nearly full of my games. What I had to do was to delete/uninstall games and other programs that were in that hard drive and reinstall but making sure they went into the other hard drive. With steam when you install it it asks you straight away where you may like to install the content to and with the internet (download Skype, films etc.) you need to go onto the settings and find where it is downloading your items to and change it to what ever destination you want. I did it the long way by deleting games and programs then to reinstall and download but there are ways as posted by others in this thread. A massive thanks goes out to all that helped me and gave me helpful information and i just hope this shall help others that may be in my situation. :)

PokerFace

Banned
Basically what caused my games to lag was my first hard drive that contained my operating system was nearly full of my games. What I had to do was to delete/uninstall games and other programs that were in that hard drive and reinstall but making sure they went into the other hard drive. With steam when you install it it asks you straight away where you may like to install the content to and with the internet (download Skype, films etc.) you need to go onto the settings and find where it is downloading your items to and change it to what ever destination you want. I did it the long way by deleting games and programs then to reinstall and download but there are ways as posted by others in this thread. A massive thanks goes out to all that helped me and gave me helpful information and i just hope this shall help others that may be in my situation. :)

I'm sure it will help someone. Thanks for replying...have some late night rep :)