Help please, should my daughter buy this gaming pc

ejrev

The Samsung odyssey g5 looks very nice, dd says it's perfect for what she needs. Junior, thanks so much for putting that spec together, I think we want to go ahead and order that. This forum has been a complete godsend. Dd had done a bit of research but when she's spending hard saved money, we want to make sure she buys wisely. Thanks to everyone for your advice 😊👍

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The Samsung odyssey g5 looks very nice, dd says it's perfect for what she needs. Junior, thanks so much for putting that spec together, I think we want to go ahead and order that. This forum has been a complete godsend. Dd had done a bit of research but when she's spending hard saved money, we want to make sure she buys wisely. Thanks to everyone for your advice 😊👍
You're welcome & your daughter wont be disappointment by the G5, it's a cracking monitor

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Fantastic I'm glad I was able to help. And the G5 is amazing, it'll will be one hell of a setup! If there's anything else you need help with just let us know!

Also a note on the 3060TI graphics card, as I'm sure you're aware, there is currently a pre order system for them as stock is low. The last time I checked the wait time was about 25-30 working days for a card so you'll be waiting slightly over a calendar month, although this may have gone down with more stock or up because of Chinese New Year. This is a great thread that I'd recommend you check out to track 3060TI wait dates as lots of other buyers are discussing how long it's taking. The wait may be a while but your daughter will come out of it with one hell of a PC! I hope she enjoys it!

ejrev

Thanks again for the heads up with the wait time on the graphics card, I'll be sure to check on the forums for updates 😊. I have one final question - hubbie is asking if the Ryzen 7 is a better investment than the Ryzen 5? Obviously I said the budget was £1500 but for a few quid more......?

Thanks again for the heads up with the wait time on the graphics card, I'll be sure to check on the forums for updates 😊. I have one final question - hubbie is asking if the Ryzen 7 is a better investment than the Ryzen 5? Obviously I said the budget was £1500 but for a few quid more......?
Given the streaming you’ve mentioned I would say if you happy to pay the extra the 5800x would be worth the investment

ejrev

Brilliant, I'm going to order that right now. Guys, your advice has been great, daughter will be over the moon 😊. Thanks again and stay safe.

ejrev

Hi all, daughter is on day 29 pre prod and got the email this afternoon. Really looking to swap to the amd 6700xt as suggested by pcs. Already have a new 1440 monitor plugged in and waiting to go 😂. My daughter really wants to know if streaming will be negatively affected by going with the suggested 6700xt? I'm assuming from looking at reviews that swapping might be a good option for her but thought I'd get the experts opinions on here first 😁. Any thoughts much appreciated 👍

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Hi all, daughter is on day 29 pre prod and got the email this afternoon. Really looking to swap to the amd 6700xt as suggested by pcs. Already have a new 1440 monitor plugged in and waiting to go 😂. My daughter really wants to know if streaming will be negatively affected by going with the suggested 6700xt? I'm assuming from looking at reviews that swapping might be a good option for her but thought I'd get the experts opinions on here first 😁. Any thoughts much appreciated 👍
Similar performance for gameplay, the 6700XT might actually edge it. But AMD’s VCE encoding isn’t as good Nvidia’s NVENC, so streaming may be of lower quality.

Just so you know, if a moderator deems your post off topic and moves it over to a more appropriate thread, it does cause us some annoyance if you immediately go back and post the same question on the thread we just removed it from.

ejrev

Similar performance for gameplay, the 6700XT might actually edge it. But AMD’s VCE encoding isn’t as good Nvidia’s NVENC, so streaming may be of lower quality.

Just so you know, if a moderator deems your post off topic and moves it over to a more appropriate thread, it does cause us some annoyance if you immediately go back and post the same question on the thread we just removed it from.
Thanks for the advice about the 6700, not sure what to do now! Streaming is my daughter's main priority. Apologies about reposting. I didn't realise a moderator had done that, which is why I posted on the other thread as we're in pre production for the 3060ti 😮. Thinking about it, surely my post is better suited to the other forum? Can't see where I've gone off topic? 😊

Last edited:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Thinking about it, surely my post is better suited to the other forum? Can't see where I've gone off topic? 😊
As that thread is for the discussion of the 3060Ti and the wait times, the question you asked was in relation to a different GPU, the RX 6700XT and the difference it would make to your proposed system. That puts it in the realms of spec discussion, so it is better suited elsewhere. And most of our experienced spec helpers on principal wouldn’t want to advise without seeing the rest of the build, makes sense to give them that opportunity 🙂👍

ejrev

Maybe my original post wasn't that clear. Others in that forum had posted about the email sent by pcs today to those of us waiting for the 3060ti, me included, as I said my daughter is on day 29. The email was suggesting that those of us waiting for the 3060ti, should swap to the 6700 and I'd seen others posting questions about it. I'd be happy to post my build details, which I opted for following the great advice here 😊.