Help with os re-install

Shibin

Enthusiast
Hate you gorman :D

Gorman,am intending to install new os,so do i just put cd in and install os......then install chipset drivers etc by looking through internet...or update bios etc. Or will windows update gpu,motherboard drivers and the bios etc?.

step 1, make a new thread

Gorman

Author Level
Right off.

1. Do you have any evidence that would indicate an OS reinstall is needed? If yes, goto 2.

2. Read the welcome booklet for full pictured details on how to install windows. If you dont have it, goto 3.

3. Insert the disk, turn on the machine and hammer f8 repeatedly until you get a boot menu.

4. On the boot menu select the drive the disk is in.

5. When it says press any key to install from disk, do it.

6. When presented with where you want to install windows, format the current system drive and delete any drives 100mb or under.

7. When the install is finished load the chipset drivers from the mainboard cd, if you dont have this get them from www.asus.com, reboot.

8. Install any other drivers ensuring your GPU drivers are direct and the latest from ATI / Nvidia.

Shibin

Enthusiast
I was told by you that a os re-install is good for a "good measure". Not to mention that i got recommened by others and the tech support.Also i remeber sleinous mentioning of an "remove any previous versions of windows" button,only saying as am confused with your step 6.

Gorman

Author Level
6. When presented with where you want to install windows, format the current system drive and delete any drives 100mb or under.

I am referring to the hard drive that windows is currently installed on.

Looks a bit like this:

windows-7-install-10.jpg